• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical gurus

redneckboarder

NAXJA Forum User
I am re wiring the lights in my jeep. I have the H4 e code all set but im redoing the e fan and the 2 sets of fog lights and 1 set of rock lights and 1 set of reverse lights.

I bought a 6 place fuse block to place all the fuses in, and to clean up the wiring i was going to run a heavy gauge cable into the cab to power all the switches then use individual wires to trigger the relays.

my question is what size fuse should i put in the cable i have, it 4 GA and will be attached to a 5 block switch panel.

And will i need to fuse the power going to the fuse box too or will the fuses to the relays be sufficent?

all lights are 100w and 12ga wire is going to them and the reverse lights are getting 10 ga because of the run.

thats what i thought but ive been reading differnent places say fuse it, others say dont bother

go to the car audio section at like wally mart and gram the 80 amp round inline fuse in a case for like 8 bucks and put it right next to the battery, it will give u wayyy more power than u need and will only blow if u have a direct short on the main power wire. Its not redundant its the right way. There is a reson cars have a master fuse and then individual fuses.

the purpose of a fuse is to protect the wire. I would put a fuse as close to the battery as possible and from there run your wire to the fuse block. then fuse all circuits appropriately.

Back