• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HI-LIFT MOUNT

I have the river raider mount and like it , keeps the Hi-Lift out of the elements which is nice but sometimes is thumbsdown if you have a ton of extra gear (over night trips / wife+kids gear ect.) but most of the time it's not buried extra gear and is fairly easy to get at.this is a pic of what it looks like in the cargo area on a normal trip , there is actually a spare driveshaft (easier than changing u joints on the trail) and a set of spare front shafts in front of all that stuff
easterweekend012.jpg

Last edited:
I am using River Raider's Hilift mount. Removing when the Jeep is loaded is not a problem. You have a choice of accessing from the cargo hatch or the back seat. Just have to drop the rear seat to get to it.

My problem was being able to latch the rear seat back. The mount relocates the latch mounts inboard causing binding. Finally was able to dremel enough to smooth out the latching.

I think I flipped the mounts around to work with my cargo box installed. The hilift works as tiedown points for cargo too. Sorry for the crappy picture, but you get the jist.
jeep039-2.jpg

havent seen that mount...thanks! i like it!

Any one have a good way to mount the 60"

Has anyone tried mounting their 48" hilift in this location but directly to the back of the bench? I would think that mounting it to the seat would be beneficial for cargo area purposes. If no one has tried this, does anyone have any information about how the frame of the seat is constructed?

Has anyone tried mounting their 48" hilift in this location but directly to the back of the bench? I would think that mounting it to the seat would be beneficial for cargo area purposes. If no one has tried this, does anyone have any information about how the frame of the seat is constructed?

It has been done and there is a write-up on here somewhere.

Just a heads up, a 48" will fit 'under' your back seat as well......safe, secure, low & centered.....

Mark, you told me this same thing months ago. I tried it and it didn't work. Then you said a buddy had 'plans' to make a bracket kit and you didn't want to give away his secrets. I'm still waiting to see this kit.

Mark, you told me this same thing months ago. I tried it and it didn't work. Then you said a buddy had 'plans' to make a bracket kit and you didn't want to give away his secrets. I'm still waiting to see this kit.

Sunburned, if RiverRaider's rack works, so will "under the seat" as the area below the seat is greater in size than the pictured mounted area. Do you own an off-brand Hi-Lift?

As far as the bracket manufacturing goes, from what I know it's on hold as the owner recently sold his property and is rebuilding larger, meanwhile looking for a temporary rent. (yet another solution I should have kept at Detours)

The RiverRaider system looks like a good solution as well!

Sunburned, if RiverRaider's rack works, so will "under the seat" as the area below the seat is greater in size than the pictured mounted area. Do you own an off-brand Hi-Lift?

As far as the bracket manufacturing goes, from what I know it's on hold as the owner recently sold his property and is rebuilding larger, meanwhile looking for a temporary rent. (yet another solution I should have kept at Detours)

The RiverRaider system looks like a good solution as well!

This is Dale, I bought a tailbone from you back in July/August.

But no, I have a 48" HiLift brand jack and unless your "under the seat" doesn't physically mean "under the seat", then I don't see how it would work. Do you mean literally under the lower portion of the backseat, that you'd have to flip up the seat to get to it? Or do you mean by the heels of people sitting in the backseat?

I just don't like the RiverRaider solution because I'd have to take out the hi-lift and put it somewhere else when I want to put a bunch of crap in the back. I have my lift on the stock roof rails and it doesn just fine up there, but it'd be nice to get it out of the weather.

HeeeHeee, yes Dale......"under" the seat.......lift seat, insert HighLift.

The RiverRaider is a good option for those hiding amps and such under their back seat.

Just a heads up, a 48" will fit 'under' your back seat as well......safe, secure, low & centered.....

I just wanted to post that I fit my Hi lift under my backseat. I had to take the cotter pin and the base off and I used a hammer and nicely flattened down a spot on the hump for the handle to sit. It works nice and the seat latches down fine. I am going to bolt it down on each side just for added security.

picture.php

picture.php

If the pics dont show up there in my profile as well.

wow, i forgot there is carpet back there. mines been out for 3+ years now

Back