• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bummer, bummer, bummer...

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My wife fell this morning while excersizing and broke her leg at the ankle in three places, and broke her thumb. She's going to need surgery to fix the leg, so will be laid up for awhile. The most dissapointing thing is that she was leaving next Sunday for an 11 day trip to London to visit a good friend, a trip she has been wanting to do for years and was really looking forward to.

Damn.....I'm so dissapointed for her. She'll be off work for at least a month, maybe two. She's mostly pissed that she's going to miss her trip.

I might not get as much done on the new rig as I had hoped to get by the JV run mext month.

That's just hateful circumstances for your wife Richard. I hope her ankle repair went ok.

If there's an upside, it could be something like being there 100% during her recovery, and leveraging some extra wheeling weekends in the future... :D

Send our best from Ardis and I.

--ron

Sorry to hear that Goat.

I hope it all works out for the best.

-Avery

Sorry to hear this Richard.

We will keep her in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery....

After they pin and cast it, she could make it through the airports easier and quicker in a wheel chair. London wouldn't necessarily have to be canceled would it? I'd sure try to be going. Besides, any pain encountered a couple 6 Guinness' would take care of!! :laugh3:

Thanks for the thought, but she's going by herself, and there's no way she can get around with luggage and crutches. We don't even know yet when the surgery will be scheduled, and she's supposed to leave Sun. Plus, the friend she's staying with has a three floor house, so besides not having nearly as much fun, she couldn't even get around the house. She'll have to go in the spring.

But, she's a trooper, she even let me go out and work a few hours on the buggy last night. :thumbup:

:)

crappy news about your better half! hope the road to recovery is painless and swift ( or as close as can be ) besides, take it from some one who knows, England is better in the spring.

I bet she is bummed, time away from you and now it canceled. Tell her I'm sure I could pay a few people to come by and give you a butt kicking every now and then so you don't get too comfortable.

sorry to hear Richard...tell her we are pulling for her speedy recovery!

That really sucks. Sorry to hear about that Richard, I hope everything goes well for your wife.
-Allen

sorry to hear that richard. here's to wishing a speedy recovery to the mrs. tell here everyonr in the club is wishing her the best (she needs it married to you!) :rof:

That is a bummer; keep her company and spoiler a little too. I know how you feel because the week after I came back from Swamp my wife had surgery and has not fully recovered 100% yet. With the house chores, work, school, and the kids my jeep is being neglected.

Hope she doing ok.

Sorry to hear that Goat. But I actually DO have some tech for this thread being that in 5 years I've broken my ankle (snapped the ear off the ball socket) and then my leg (tib & fib), both needing surgery & many screws...

Both surgeries were pretty easy, I was asleep during each one. :) Back at work within 3 days after surgery and even climbing 20' ladders (yikes). I was out of the cast in 6-8 weeks.

The most important thing for her will be to move the ankle as much as possible all throughout her recovery. Getting the flexibility back in the ligiments is pretty tough after it's been in a cast for that long.

You might also want to plan on scheduling and removing the screws & other hardware installed during the surgery. I left mine in and regret it everytime it's cold and/or rainy.

Good luck buddy, hope you make the Fest.

edit: oh yeah, chicks dig flowers!

Jim, thanks for the comments. And thank all of you for the prayers and best wishes. She broke the ear off one leg bone, which took two screws, then broke the bone above that, which took three big screws, then broke the leg bone on the other side cracked up the middle of the bone, which took a plate and a bunch of screws. She's got over a dozen screws in there.

She had surgery this afternoon, and we got her home a little while ago. She's not too comfortable right now. She can't step on the cast that she has, it's split to allow for some swelling, then she goes back in two weeks to get another cast which she'll eventually be able to walk on. The ligaments and tendons are totally messed up too, since the ankle was all the way out of the socket. :cry:

But, I've been home most of the week, and I'm taking good care of her. :)

It's good to know there were no complications Richard.

Send her our regards.

-Avery

After my LAST surgery.......I was so drugged up afterward I thaught I was feeling good enough to head into the office to do a little paperwork....BIG mistake, after the medication started to ware off the pain was oh so WONDERFUL!:wow:
They send her home with a jar of pain pills for a reason, don't let her say that she doesn't need them, for at least a full week.
Anyway...
Best of luck in her recovery!
Rick R

Back