• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Earthroamer? WTF

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
was cruisin up cedar creek rd in the TSF yesterday.. saw this Badass Ford truck that was converted into a all-terrain Motor home.. thought it was cool...

Didnt expect the price tag tho! $200-230k

I knew i shoulda jacked that shiz:party:

2755924912_14de33c7bd_o.jpg

they also have a jeep version starting at $110k
earthroamer_xv-jp_5_08.jpg
http://www.cartype.com/pics/5813/full/earthroamer_xv-jp_5_08.jpg

There is a green earthromer jk I see cruising around portland sometimes, badass but for 110k I can buy a motorhome and a wheeler.

Yeah thats a bit pricey for something without much use to it. I guess if your a hardcore mall-crawler that camps out for the next star wars movie its perfect for you.

you havent seen the mag reports on the earthroamers then. there a very capable offroad camper. mabe not the one in the pic but I have seen in the mags that they wheel the sh$t out of them and there more set up for expidtions than rock crawling/racing.

Yeah the one i saw was on larger MTR's, looked like it probably would of gone anywhere my XJ could of gone (im open/open) thats pretty tight considering its a RV

you havent seen the mag reports on the earthroamers then. there a very capable offroad camper. mabe not the one in the pic but I have seen in the mags that they wheel the sh$t out of them and there more set up for expidtions than rock crawling/racing.

You haven't seen where we go then. ;)

????????????

where have you taken your earthroamer????? skool me I want to learn. or is it just a case of:passgas:

Try and keep up now: You stuck up for the earthroamers saying they were capable...and I said you haven't seen where we (XJ guys) go then.

:doh:

wow, why does it seem that everyone seems to have a point to prove? it just seems like a stupid reason to debate is all.

It's because that tunnel from West Virginia ends somewhere around Western OR. The illiterate mouthbreathers pop out of it and try to 'help'. :rolleyes:

:roflmao: It's just getting entertaining

Hey I passed one on the way home today. Kinda cool but I couldn't see spending that kind of money on something like that even if I had it to spend.

They're extremely capable. Do a little research online and they've been a lot of places most of our XJ's would break down trying to get to. As for the XV-JP, it is the first camper to ever make it over the Rubicon trail. There are two of those in the Portland area, I know one of the guys and have checked it out, yeah they're expensive but I know if I could afford it, I'd buy one

Try and keep up now: You stuck up for the earthroamers saying they were capable...and I said you haven't seen where we (XJ guys) go then.

:doh:
:wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid::wstupid:
ya I have. And I have an xj :wave:(not directed at every one just one. thanks nightfoam they are very capable when outfitted right)

Last edited:
they've been a lot of places most of our XJ's would break down trying to get to.
:roflmao: maybe your's

first camper to ever make it over the Rubicon trail.

Have you been to the rubicon? There are bypass trails for almost every rough spot and a winch for the spots that dont have them. I've seen a stock geo tracker with only a skid plate at spider lake. I dont know how far he made it but spider lake is about half way.

I'd buy one
:looser:

thanks nightfoam they are very capable when outfitted right

So your saying there not capable right off the showroom floor?

:conceited

Last edited:
Back