• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building a bastard pack with 75 chevy leafs help please

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i read here http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=895

that 73-87 leafs should work BUT i noticed they arent going to exactly just bolt right up because the xj's are 23" on one side and 28 5/8" on the other side, as to the 75 K series leafs i have are 26x26. do i just throw them in there and hope for the best of luck or should i throw them into the leaf pack, measure then cut the longer side to a same distance as the other side making it offset like the xj leafs?

im really kind of lost in this subject. even though their 2.5" leafs the center pins are of different size... will it be better if i center the leaf and drill the hole in the added leaf to fit instead of cutting it?

please can anyone help me, i want to get away from running 2" blocks.

isn't the point of using those leaf packs to get stretch in your wheel base.

using those leafs moves the axle back.

if your only using the leafs to get some lift, then yes, just add the long leafs under the main leaf of your current pack, cut it off as long as you can (keep it under the eyes of your main to add support)

ok, so i read here http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=895

that 73-87 leafs should work BUT i noticed they arent going to exactly just bolt right up because the xj's are 23" on one side and 28 5/8" on the other side, as to the 75 K series leafs i have are 26x26. do i just throw them in there and hope for the best of luck or should i throw them into the leaf pack, measure then cut the longer side to a same distance as the other side making it offset like the xj leafs?

im really kind of lost in this subject. even though their 2.5" leafs the center pins are of different size... will it be better if i center the leaf and drill the hole in the added leaf to fit instead of cutting it?

please can anyone help me, i want to get away from running 2" blocks.
You have to do your homework on building a BP.if your only looking for 2-3"s just get another xj pack,easy to do and will flex and ride well.read all the threads on bastard packs and you will have a better idea how to do one.then come and ask for help.chevy leafs are not what your looking for lol!post up and you can probably get a set for little or no dollars..

isn't the point of using those leaf packs to get stretch in your wheel base.

using those leafs moves the axle back.

if your only using the leafs to get some lift, then yes, just add the long leafs under the main leaf of your current pack, cut it off as long as you can (keep it under the eyes of your main to add support)

i was thinking about just centering it and drilling a new hole if they go from end to end that would be perfect.

this really IS easy.

find some 2.5" wide leaf packs
take all but your main leaf off your ride
use longest leaf from new pack under XJ main, cut it if you need to
put the rest of the XJ leafs back in, check ride height
add more leafs if needed, the longer the better (IMO)

the only thing you want to think about is those Chevy leafs are gonna be built for a heavier truck... if you can find some XJ/Dakota/S10 leafs you'll be set.

its almost like there is a thread(s) about doing this exact same thing, huh, check it out, as always bottom left of the page has some "Similar Threads"

i was thinking about just centering it and drilling a new hole if they go from end to end that would be perfect.
Stop ok lol..even if you did drill new center pin hole do you know how much lift your going to get ?.do you still have stock shackle. didnt you just do a 2" lift ? well your going to get a whole lot more than that with those chevy leafs.don't listen and learn the hard way grasshopper.did you fix that vibe problem yet? be patient and research things. PM me about leafs!!

Back