• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Jeep XJ Laredo with issues

YosemiteJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I've got a few problems with my rig. The worst one thus far is the power windows refusing to work. I checked the relays/fuses and everything checked fine. When I went to pull the door liner I found Almost the entire opening was welded closed; I can't even see the motor or gears. (Is it supposed to be shut like that?) The switches look ok. The locks don't want to lock with the interior switches...but they'll unlock! lol. Same thing, can't see $h*t cause of the panel.

It has mechanical problems too (200k miles, no $h*t) but it runs, turns, and stops(sort of) now, so I want to focus on the electric crap. I turn 18 in about five months and will get my license and want to have it runnin good for school/work/Search and Rescue, ect. Any help would be great. Thanks everybody.

The power window issue is most often due to the lock out switch or wires. There is an easy splice to make at the drivers kick panel. Sorry, you'll have to search for it. If you repost this with a more descriptive title like power windows don't work, a bunch of good links show up at the bottom.

Back