• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 6.5 coils out there?

justin_502

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I got RE 4.5s and spacers, lil soft. Got to bring up the front more and dont want to add more spacer in their! Going to go to 6.5 in the front Are 5.5 RE coils for the ZJ better? Or is BDS or OME a better ride. Daily driver/weekend trails. Rk 3 link up front. back Re leafs sittiing lil over 6.5.

Right now I got RE 4.5s and spacers, lil soft. Got to bring up the front more and dont want to add more spacer in their! Going to go to 6.5 in the front Are 5.5 RE coils for the ZJ better? Or is BDS or OME a better ride. Daily driver/weekend trails. Rk 3 link up front. back Re leafs sittiing lil over 6.5.
BDS coils are the best coil out there IMHO and are warrantied for life. 6.5" coil 245#/inch rating.

Where is the best place to buy the BDS coils? I went straight to their site, the cost is 160 something, But to you have to have it shipped to a distributer? Know of any other companies that sell just the coils?

Also how will the BDS ride compare to the ride on the RE coils? Stiffer or softer?

Where is the best place to buy the BDS coils? I went straight to their site, the cost is 160 something, But to you have to have it shipped to a distributer? Know of any other companies that sell just the coils?

Also how will the BDS ride compare to the ride on the RE coils? Stiffer or softer?
Call Bob Supplee at Supplee 4wd In Moore Oklahoma. He has some of the best BDS prices around. He doesnt have a web site. His number is 405-799-8977 super nice guy and great to deal with.

just call BDS and they can tell you where the nearest distributor is located.you can have them shipprd directly to you. if sent to distributor, shipping is free..if i am not mistaken RE 6.5" coils are 220 #/inch.ride is great with decent shocks..BDS has excellent customer servise bye the way and a fantastic warranty on all there products..

their leafs are indeed killer, but i have seen a lot of for sale posts for the coils at half the new price and stating "one run on them". makes me think the coils may not be as good at their leafs.

their leafs are indeed killer, but i have seen a lot of for sale posts for the coils at half the new price and stating "one run on them". makes me think the coils may not be as good at their leafs.
Well i have no idea why someone would sell there coils after 1 run. unless the wanted a 6.5" coil like rustys or rockkrawlers. which are way to soft IMHO..most guys in cali want them at a higher rate.some go as far as to buy a longer skyjacker coils and cut them to bring rate up. i run BDS 3" coils 240#/inch highest on market and they flex excellent and ride great.and the higher rate makes the leafs work well also.good friend runs rustys 8" coils and when he's on the slightest incline stopped it leans.i can assure you they werent being sold because of poor quality..:peace:

Wow great info, thanks much. I live off a dirt road I drive every day. Are the BDS coils going to ride real stiff? They seem to have a lot higher rate then the RE coils. I got the bilstein 5150s with the 255/70 valving.

Wow great info, thanks much. I live off a dirt road I drive every day. Are the BDS coils going to ride real stiff? They seem to have a lot higher rate then the RE coils. I got the bilstein 5150s with the 255/70 valving.

im running RE3.5 coils (241lb/in) with the 255/70 5150s and its a great combo. the ride is solid, stable, and firm, but nowhere near hard or stiff imho. my friends sentra spec v with tein springs is stiff.

WTF?

I would say BDS, DPG, (Do Atlas and Deaver make coils?). OME are great for low lifts. RE/Rusty's I'm pretty sure are exactly the same and they are Mid-grade. No idea why people are saying they are the best..

I have had a lot of problems with "in house" product from Rusty's. They have been slammed a lot on this forum. I am sure they order in their coil springs. From the coil springs I have ridden on, I think Rusty's are mid grade. IMHO

These are the 2 companies I am deciding between for my next set of coil springs. Either company makes AAA grade coil springs. IMO

Deaver for indestructible coils. They pretty much can fill any spring need out there.
Call them for what you need.
(741) 542-3703

And

BDS for Flex and Lifetime Warranty
"If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period."

http://www.bds-suspension.com/Company/whyBDS.php#warranty
[email protected]
[email protected]
phone: 517-279-2135

Give both a call. They will make their recommendations and you can go on from there. I have called both companies before. Both were friendly and polite and gave me plenty of information for my build. Both even gave me competitors they felt could fill my financial limitations. Both companies are awesome in my book.

I would also suggest getting a NAXJA Membership like I did. It's really cheap when you think of all the benefits you will get out of this forum. That way you can give them your User Name and Membership Number and maybe get a discount. Sometimes, places have said, "Wait a moment" while they looked on the forum to see if I was truthful. I have done that a few times and as long as you have a Membership it never hurts trying. IMHO

Last edited:
Back