• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

few questions about the lift, axle, tires

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
hey y'all,

i am installing the Iron Rock Off-Road's 6.5" long arm kit

im wanting to lift it at least 1.5" more later, by using that rear leaf spring relocation kit (said to will lift 1.5" with that thing)

but i dont know what will work good for the front. coil? im thinking rustys as they sell 8" lift kit so i may call them and get that coil from them, any better coil to get than rusty's? or the spacers will just do fine??

for the axle, i couldnt find that truss thing that i saw in one thread on here about building a dana 44. i want to find that truss so i can find a axle i want and truss it and at same time it will have stock locations to mount the shocks, coils, control arms, etc. can you kindly give me some pointers on this?

im currently running a old set of 34x9.50R15 TSL swampers, the 6.5" lift made them looks very wimpy, so new tires should be in order soon.

what wheel spec do you guys feels that works the best. im thinking aabout get some rock crawl steel wheels in 15x10 or 15x8 for some 35x12.50 or close to that. i wonders what kind of amount of backspacing will work well? im thinking standard aftermarket of 3.75"???

:compwork:

TIA

Personally, I would never use Spacers on Springs that Tall. As for Relocating a Leaf Spring Bracket, maybe a Search for that would help. Try Leaf Spring Mount Install (61 Threads).

If you Do a Search for truss there are More than 500 Threads. If you Search truss install there are 132 Threads.

As for Wheels, 15x8 with 3.75" Backspacing should Work. If it's a Mall Crawler or Sees Mostly Mud, Jeepers in my Area use 15x10s with the Same Backspacing. IMHO

If you Do Not have Great Fabrication Skills or can not Cut Plate then Iron Rock Offroad's Truss may Fill the Bill. Hope this helps.

IMG_5042b.jpg

XJ Axle Truss

Code: IR-XD44T
Price: $99.99

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XD44T

Available For
Dana 44
Dana 35
Chrysler 8.25
Ford 8.8

Precision laser cut from 1/4" steel plate and capped with 1 1/2" x 1/4" steel bar. This new truss is designed to prevent your Dana 44 from bending under severe load while off roading. Complete with 2.5" raised bump stop pads! We recommend at least 2.5" of lift over stock height in the rear to accomodate the new truss.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is also available for Chrysler 8.25, Dana 35, and Ford 8.8. Please allow about 2 weeks for these versions.

Kit includes: 1 "ready to weld" XJ Dana 44 rear axle truss with detailed instructions.

NOTE: This product requires welding to your axle tube. Please exercise extreme caution or have a qualified professional do the installation

IMG_3331b.jpg

Last edited:
Back