• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

traction bar? to solve serious axle wrap issues

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i just put a d44 in my xj last night. everything went really smooth wich really suprised me cause i had not idea how to set up drum brake. i have just never done it. but it went in well. my budy was noticing that i was having some serious axle wrap going on. i have done some searching and havent had much luck. has anyone come up with an easy to build set up the would cure my problem?

First thing I'd do is make sure that the u-bolts are tight. Unless you've changed springs, I wouldn't think that a simple axle swap would make a lot of difference in axle wrap.

you experince any vibrations (mostly on accleration)?

Traction bars are pretty easy to build if you've done some fabrication work. There's company's like ruffstuff that have all the tabs, bushings, heims, ect. already laid out for you. I'm not sure if anyone sells one for the XJ.

not that i didnt already have. im pretty sure i had the axle wrap problem before the swap. i just didnt pay attention. ive looked around at different setups and aven't found one that i liked. so i wanted to be kind of creative and build one. i was just looking for some ideas.

id rather to get better leaf spring set. however id suspects that its just have bad pinion angle.

what is your jeep's spec'?

i mean driveshaft to pinion angle is bad. which causes binds

are you running blocks?
What leaf packs do you have?
how many degrees is your pinion pointing down relative to the driveshaft?

Heres what I built for my sons rig.Its adj for length and pinion angle along w/ a super-flex joint for zero binding!
41400011.JPG

41400002.JPG

41400001.JPG

Back