• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dash lights not workin

j_dunn

NAXJA Forum User
I was just installing some lights underneath my jeep for night riding and while I was wiring up the toggle switch for them I heard what sounded like a fuse blow. I replaced the blown fuse but now when I turn my headlights on my guage cluster lights and the lights for the ac controls dont work, but when I use my turn signals or turn on the high beams the indicators for them come on in my dash. Does anybody know what could be the problem? I have checked all of the fuses in the fuse block under the dash on the driver side and under the hood behind the battery? Are there fuses somewhere else? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

More info about your jeep would definately help. Try to always include year, engine, trans and any relevant mods. There are major differences between a 1984 and a 2001. It's also helpful to have more info in your profile as well in case you forget to post it.

Ok sorry. Its a 93 xj with the 2.5 4 cylinder. 5 speed with np 231 transfer case. 6.5 inch lift with 32x12.00x15 super swampers on it. I have a cb and 2 130 watt kc's wired to it now, plus the two lights I mounted underneath it the other day.

Ok so it turns out my running lights werent working either, along with the dash lights. Now I have the tail lights working but still no dash lights. And now when I have the ignition on and I turn the head lights on the radio cuts off. WTF?

I recently had some issues with my 95 that included when I had the ac on my radio would cut out along with my gauges. Prior to that I had lost brake lights and had no power to the brake light switch, and had no battery power to my radio.

Rather than hunt down the problem I just ran fused power to them.

Well not long after the radio and IPC cutting out It wouldn't even start.

So I got to digging around under the hood and found that the bulk head connector that goes to the fuse block through the firewall (just under the brake booster) had several corroded and burned wires in it.

I immediately knew this was the issue, so I went to the JY and snagged one off of another 95 auto.

I cut the old one off and soldered the new on and everything now works with factory wiring.

Since you are having multiple issues I think that this would be a good starting point.

Also check the wires under the underhood fuse block just to be sure there is nothing funny going on there either.

what did you wire your lights to? directly the battery or no? sounds like a bad wiring job. you've shorted something out would be my guess.

Back