• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ironrockoffroad or Rough Country?

xtremexj59

NAXJA Forum User
ok ok this has been covered a million times over between other lifts but none against these two companys.

Im ready and set to order a new lift kit,preferably 6.5" and these two are my final choics. No RE,TnT,RK nothing else just these two.

so jeepforum please help me decide my choice.

ROUGH COUNTRY plus drop brackets
http://roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_6x.html

OR

IRONROCKOFFROAD..long arms
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

just to clarify no rock crawling for me,just muddy trails and DD

so jeepforum please help me decide my choice.

BTW: Even though jeepforum.com is a Great Forum.... This is naxja.org

Personally, I would Go with the Ironrockoffroad System Over Short Arms and Drop Brackets.

x2 for the Adjustment Bracket though.

anything but RC i currently have a 4.5 lift came with the xj will never go back. oh yeah i pretty sure its one of there older lifts so maybe there lifts are different now. my opinion

I think Rough Country is definitely stepping up their game and coming out with some more quality products. That being said, if it were me and I was between these two kits I would go with the IRO "3 link" long arm kit. You will end up stepping up to long arms either way if your going with a 6.5" kit so why not just do it from the beginning?

three of the best yes, but not in my price range. after gears and tire i only have enough for one of the two.
I understand that. IMO drop barckets are a better choice then long arms, Long arms tend to get hung-up on stuff, but so do DBs, just not as bad. DBs wont ride as good, but my jeep rides better then stock with them. My 5.5 inch RE short arm kit sits at around 7inchs of lift.

If RC had a long arm kit i would go with them, but they don't..So i would go for the LONG arm one..OH by the way, i hate my RC 6.5 lift, it is to dam soft..I need to get some STIFFER shocks for it now, god it sucks..
Plus i ran my arms on my RC lift 1.5" longer than what they say too, this is why i have a softer ride...I know RC is coming out with a long arm kit, just don't know when..

Last edited:
You do not need LAs on a mud rig.

Go with the RC lift.

Back