• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 and vacuum lines

GoSlowGetStuck

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I just want to verify - the vacuum lines going to the transfer case do *not* play a role in the transfer case doing its job, correct?

So assuming I don't care about my front axle disco or 4wd light (and I don't), could I remove the vacuum harness from the back of the TC without any problems? (I would at least cover the back of the TC to keep dirt out)

I just want to verify - the vacuum lines going to the transfer case do *not* play a role in the transfer case doing its job, correct?

So assuming I don't care about my front axle disco or 4wd light (and I don't), could I remove the vacuum harness from the back of the TC without any problems? (I would at least cover the back of the TC to keep dirt out)

The transfer case is the transfer case, the vacuum switch will not effect its function.

That said, that vacuum switch controls vacuum to the D30 vacuum motor, so unless you have addressed the issue of the axle itself the transfer case will work but you won't have 4wd.

The transfer case is the transfer case, the vacuum switch will not effect its function.

That said, that vacuum switch controls vacuum to the D30 vacuum motor, so unless you have addressed the issue of the axle itself the transfer case will work but you won't have 4wd.

Awesome, just wanted to be sure it wouldn't affect the TC. I have the vacuum motor permanently engaged already so I'm going to remove the unused vacuum lines.

Back