• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many inch coils are these? removing coil isolator and more...

Dannnn

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of 3 inch coils off of craigslist that are a bit rusty. I was told they're rustys 3 inch coils but i'm not sure. My stepdad has 3 inch coils and i counted 9 rotations... These have 11 if i recall. I'm just trying to figure out how much i should lift my back if i use these.

Also, how many inches of lift does the stock coil isolator give? I'd like to remove it and run my 1.75 inch spacers i got from rustys.

I'm gonna have my stock packs re arched and have an extra leaf added for 120 bucks. I have 2 inch rustys shackles and i think it'll look way too raked out with the 3 inch coils only, can i redrill 2 holes in each shackle up from the original holes and run the shackles like that?

Sorry i forgot to add a pic...
CID__0721092152.jpg

=D it will give us a better comparison next to a stock coil, my 2" lift coil's next to my stock ones set what looks like 3" taller and the coils themself were alot thicker and rubber coated.

your BEST BET would be to call rusty's and ask them whats the overall length of the coil like... is it 25 inches from the bottom of the coil to the top or what... or tell them my coils is this long from here to hear, im told its ur brand coil, it has this many wraps, is it what it says it is...

or take the approach i took, measure your lift now ( i measured the height from the ground to the bottom of my fender.) then install them and measure again, if your sitting 3" taller, score, if not, you got had by another craigslist item.

and my xj didnt come with a stock coil isolator i dont think...

I know for a fact that they are lift coils for sure... they're much taller than my stock coils and are thicker. i'll try calling rustys tomorrow with a measurement. i'm just trying to figure out how much to have my leaf springs arched.

Spring rate and lift height determines coil rotations and coil length. A 4.5" lift coil spring used by Rubicon Express may have a longer uncompressed length than a Rough Country 4.5" coil. But due to different spring rates, they both net the same lift when compressed.

i have a set of 75 chevy leaf's in my back yard that i plan to use to make a bastard pack out of... im kind of thinking about rearching my current leafs as well, but we shall see how that goes... i hate taking my leafs apart...

Back