• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Rig currently

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
I told a couple people I would post some pics of my rig and my wife's new rig. I know they are not all that and a bag of chips but I like them :). Enjoy...

HPIM1306.jpg

HPIM1311.jpg

HPIM1312.jpg

HPIM1310.jpg

HPIM1304.jpg

Last edited:
Wife's 93 YJ Wrangler with Procomp Lift and 33's.

HPIM1309.jpg

HPIM1307.jpg

HPIM1308.jpg

HPIM1305.jpg

love the front bumper on the xj did you buld it?

I like the removable doors. Is yours equipped with power windows? If so how did you get around the wires coming from the cab into the door?

love the front bumper on the xj did you buld it?

4ejsmith made it (actually both bumpers) and I bought it from him reasonable price couple weeks ago :). It was on his XJ, he is now building his for Jeepspeed.

I actually need to cut and fold the rear so bumper looks better and I have it set up for better departure angle :).

Last edited:
Hey those are decent rigs! For some reason, I really like the camo seat covers in the XJ lol!

Cool beans, man!

Thx!! :).

Yeah I didnt manage to hold onto the YJ... wife took keys from me right when I got home hehe. Good thing was the seat covers came with the YJ and she didnt like them. I was quick to take them and add them to my rig :).

I like the removable doors. Is yours equipped with power windows? If so how did you get around the wires coming from the cab into the door?

Thx :) I had been dealing with people at work (non jeep people) giving me hell for not having doors lol. I dont have power anything so I lucked out :). Here is a good build write up (might have to go a few pages in) that addresses power windows thing: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940576

I just disconnected the stereo speakers and tucked wires in the frame. I still need to modify the door for on and off like guy did in that link above :). I would like to find some tube doors (front and rear) like warrior style that would slide in and out easily (without the expense) when I get some funds. For now my rear doors are on for the kids :).

I will post more pics/info when I do more too it on this thread.

Thx :) I had been dealing with people at work (non jeep people) giving me hell for not having doors lol. I dont have power anything so I lucked out :). Here is a good build write up (might have to go a few pages in) that addresses power windows thing: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940576

I just disconnected the stereo speakers and tucked wires in the frame. I still need to modify the door for on and off like guy did in that link above :). I would like to find some tube doors (front and rear) like warrior style that would slide in and out easily (without the expense) when I get some funds. For now my rear doors are on for the kids :).

I will post more pics/info when I do more too it on this thread.

thanks!

I was pondering the whole 4 door-less rig deal. I have a 6 year old and i dont know if i would feel comfortable with him in the back and no doors. Guess ill have to roll like you did.

I mounted my fire extinguisher and I added a wood shelf over my spare tire in cargo compartment to better organize things in the back. Nothing special but at least something else done for cheap :). When I get it painted I will take a pic of it. I kept it very simple lol so I can throw it away or modify it as I get better equipment like air tanks and such.

I also have an old boat trailer (small one) i think I want to turn into a little camp trailer for my XJ. When I start that I will also post it on here... now I just have to find some $$$ hehe :)

Hopefully I will have time today to cut the bottoms off the hinges so I can reattatch them to doors so the pins can be used as a sort of quick on and off thing.

I also noticed some stuff on my front end that I might need some help with. I will post it with some pics when I get some time :).

I noticed my rubber on my swaybar disconnects is bad. The nuts were loose and when I tightened it again (really smashing the what is left over rubber my XJ seemed to not "wonder back and forth." I was curious where and if i could find some new rubber for these until i can afford quick disconnects? I would think Pic and pull probably has them on XJ's but I am going to guess that rubber will probably be old on them as well and I havent seen anywhing for them thus far on various 4 wheel parts places...

I did some clean up on the YJ over the weekend and started some maintenance on it and my XJ.

I also finished the doors so they go on and off fairly easy. I did what the write up in the link above that I mentioned. I didnt do it his way though. Instead I unbolted the door and took it off. I then used a grinder and grinded the bottom part of the hinge (like the write up did) only I cut more off. I then pounded the hinge off the pins and removed it. I then put it back on door and used a dremel tool and cut the top pin about 3/4 of an inch and the bottom pin about at half. I did this cause I read that it is hard to line up the pins while installing the door. I then set the door in with the top (longer pin) hinge first and then put in the shorter bottom hinge pin. It does take a little tapping to get it on, even with lube. The doors went on with out me having to adjust them. I then put the final torque on the screws to hold the hinge assembly in place on the door.

Now with this door set up I can get some tube doors and exchange back and forth between them and the doors or go with out. I would post some pics of this but it is really not needed with the write up having it already done.

What should I do next... :compwork:

Tube doors are great, it takes me 15 min to do the change..Find a sound bar at a Junk yard..Mount that just behind your head...I have ia pic some place, if i can find it i'll post it..
Found one HTH..
speakers.jpg

Last edited:
Nice :). I like that idea.

Maybe my wife wont notice it missing from her jeep.... :p

Humm,

I belive I have a rear main oil leak, which I have just been dealing with. I noticed today that I have oil leaking around my spark plug area on passenger side. It doesnt look like its coming from the valve cover. I am not loosing a lot of oil either (it looks worse than it is i guess as I dont have to add a lot of oil very frequently). Anyone have an idea what it might be and how to fix it etc or if it is even worth doing anything about?

I ultimately would love to get all the oil to stop leaking everywhere and do a lot of work on my rig, but at the moment I have to keep it going as a daily driver with very limited funds now. My toy has sort of become "needed atm" :). So I want to kill any potential $$ issues that occur with not taking care of a problem when it should have been etc. Any advice and such would be great and or links. I can post a pic if needed (not sure if it will show up on pic though). Right now though my engine seems to run strong for its age.

I would also love to get some advice on my front end (it is doing a lot better, but i dont think it is "right" yet). Maybe i can take some pics if that will help show its geometry etc?..

Finally if anyone has some smaller wheels and rims (probably 31's or something) more for street that are not expensive please let me know.

your Jeeps are looking good. U need some rock sliders to go with those bumpers on the XJ. That would be a great Birthday present LOL As soon as I get my new Bender mounted and set up Lets bend u some up and U can weld them up, it will be good practice. Slider party and BBQ my house lol

humm i will check that out, makes since as my oil filter sits sort of upside down (my YJ's) filter sits upright and opposite. When I change the oil on my XJ it goes all over the place heh.

Back