• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 inch rims 12.5 inch tires?

You're made in the shade.

...although some will recommend a rim width of at least 8.5", most shops will mount a 12.50 on an 8" rim, no questions asked.

Last edited:
my tires are 12.50's on 8in wide wheels.... and it is perfect:

0f19441a.jpg

Also an 12.5" tire on an 8" rim will hold a bead better at lower tire pressures than on a 10" rim.

Bang on.

I'd prefer to have mine on 8" rims really. As light as my XJ is I've got to air WAY down (5-8 psi) to get much of an increased contact patch. Still get a good flat tread when aired up, don't have much in the way of problems with cupping or uneven wear or anything like that.

Bang on.

I'd prefer to have mine on 8" rims really. As light as my XJ is I've got to air WAY down (5-8 psi) to get much of an increased contact patch. Still get a good flat tread when aired up, don't have much in the way of problems with cupping or uneven wear or anything like that.
qft.

Dad runs 15x10's i run 15x8 and I have never popped a bead, he pops them all the time... (maybe he just sucks at driving... lol) and I air down a good 3-5#'s less than him.

Back