• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing a snorkel on an ABS equipped XJ?

Yodwinder

NAXJA Forum User
Is this possible?

My ABS isn't hooked up in any case so it's not like I'd be losing out. I'd just need to know which parts of the ABS I'd need to take out in order to route it correctly?

Has anyone here done this before?

You are talking about a snorkel for the intake correct? It shouldn't matter if you have ABS or not. I don't think any of the other braking components will interfere with it.

yup its possible.. and its made for the abs equipt xj's.. or you can go thru the cowl like i did

snorkelpic-ss1195.gif

Go to your local plumbing supply , cut the 90 off of your snorkel and run the hose to the back of your air box. Now the hose is out of the wheel well and less distance for the air to travel to the box.

The issue on newer rigs is two fold. Before you even have to worry about the ABS components, the windshield washer fluid tank is located in the fender itself. There are 237634756 ways around this, but they are the two 'main' obstacles when you start your installation.

just take the abs junk out?

sure you can.. if you want to re do all the brake lines you would have to re-plumb everything ..

going thru the cowl is a great mod.. there is a good write up on go jeeps site and mad xj.. you will get opinions either way but the way i figure is .. i do a lot of trails that are very narrow and overgrown .. the less things hangin off my jeep the better.. i dont want it gettin ripped off on some branches.. going thru the cowl elimnates that.. i have been in water up to the hood no issuse i dont like goin thru water but i aint scared of it as long as the water aint hittin the windshield im ok..

The Airflow snorkels, available from DPG, are not designed to work with ABS, and this is probably where you heard snorkels won't work. This is because the snorkel runs directly through the fender, and comes out where the ABS solenoid is located. I have the Airflow, and think its a better snorkel than the Safari, and my friend with the Safari snorkel likes my set up better.

If you were to remove the ABS components, you would need to remove the ABS solenoid located on the drivers side inner fender.

Last edited:
This is the Only Air Filter Canister I could Find on the Net.

Personally, I have a Air Filter Canister Setup like GoJeeps Ready to be Installed. I Only Need to get some Elbows for it.

This One is Very Expensive. The 23" Height I think Includes the Scoop and I Do Not Know if it can be Fitted Inside of the XJ Engine Bay.

7511061.jpg

Stage 1 Xp Cold Air Intake System w/Pro-GUARD 7 Media Offroad Canister XL

* Oversized Adjustable Ram Scoop
* 361 Degree Washable/Reusable Lifetime Filter
* Provides Protection And Performance
* Adjustable Stainless Steel Strap Clamps
* Captures/Forces Cold Fresh Air Into Canister
* Weight: 20 LB
* Height: 23in.
* Width: 13in.
* Depth: 16in.

$374.07 Free Ground Shipping

http://www.streetsideauto.com/produ...=75-11061&Skip=True&LookupType=NON&Reset=True

Has anyone tried a before/after dyno test with a snorkel? I'm curious to see how it affects the intake, I've heard wildly different claims from different sources.

Back