• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Downhill biking in socal

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Where is there to ride DH in socal?

i remember a couple of years ago i raced at big bear but on their website it says no bikes over 35 pounds and no travel over 6 inches... and they wont transport downhill specific bikes on their lifts...

but ive heard from other people that they dont care so i dont know what to believe.

anybody know of any trails or places that provide shuttles to strickly downhill trails?

thanks
-Shomsky

Seems like a guy at work was just up there last year and his bike is probably ~35#. Check Mountain High, they may have something similar going, and it's a lot closer.

I've been wanting to get a run going down Palomar mountain. We get someone to drive us up the dirt road on the north side and make a run down either to Temecula or Lake Henshaw.

id be down for some kind of downhill run. as long as its close to 90% downhill. my bike isnt too great for anything other than that.

Didi the Big Bear lift Sunday, for my courage level it was fine. For true DH I understand that Mt Baldy will allow any bike on the lift, but I think that bike park isn't very well developed.
Go on MTBR.com in the SoCal forum and there are a couple Baldy threads you can get some info from.
Mammoth has some crazy stuff but it's a 5 hour drive to ride there.

ive been riding big bear for the past few years (almost every weekend during the summer) and there are still some DH trails you just have to find them the locals all build them.... and they will still put your bike on the lift people go up with 9-10 inch travel bikes every weekend...ive only seen them deny people one time and that was because the owner flew in for the weekend and caught them letting long travel bikes on, and even then the next weekend they let up all the dh bikes. how is that for a run-on sentence.

mammoth is the place to go no doubt.. badass.. but a bit of a drive.. like 4 hours from the hd.. and you can do some awesome stream fishing while you are up there too

ive raced at mammoth before and that place is bad ass! but pretty far of a drive from where i live.

but im definitely gonna have to check out big bear pretty soon here and ill get on that socal mtbr forum

thanks
-Shomsky

Back