• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Son broke his Jeep....

Jump This

Just another minion!
While I'm up in BB with Johnny and crew, my son was out driving around town when....

dscn1002.jpg

He says he picked up all the parts from the road.
Do you think I can JB weld them back together?

oh snap! Crackle And POP! Did he leave it in 4wd? :)

Rick i have a 231 and 242, but the chains are loose..Let me know if you need one..You know my price, for you case of pepsi or free..Name your price

Did the front driveshaft bind up? It looks like the suspension compressed and shoved the shaft into the transfer case breaking it in half.

He said he was just driving it down the road,
yeah, right.
;)
He said he hear a 'thwap thawap thawap BANG!.
Interesting thing though, he said there was also coolant on the ground.
I'm thinking that was just do to it getting hot after he stopped (he was climbing out of town and it was 116*.)

I sincerely doubt that anything you did in the t-case caused that, unless you somehow (and this is next to impossible) locked it into 4wd permantently.

I loaned a friend my old 95 cherokee for the weekend before he left for Iraq (marines) that coming monday. night before he left, he called me saying "I broke something on the jeep, and I don't know how". drove 7 hours round trip to pick him and the jeep up, and found the EXACT same thing. the 4wd shifter was in 4wd, and he said he was in 4wd cause he was farting around on some trails before he came home....well, he forgot to pop it into 2wd when he got on the pavement (didn't know any better anyways) and got about 20 minutes down the freeway before she blew.

this is why we say to guys with part time 4wd DO NOT engage 4wd on dry pavement. it will bind, and the transfercase will break.

Wow, when Richard called to tell you his Jeep broke, I didn't think it would be as catastrophic as that!

Like father, like son...

;)

Back