• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar ?

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
Is the track bar for the XJ the same for all model years?

Just looked at Quadratec, and it seems that for stock replacements, it goes '84-'90, and '90-'01, although the 'aftermarket' and lift items will cover all years. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm currently experimenting with a Kevinsoffroad adjustable bar. I took it off a few years ago, as I was not happy with the damping action. It was on my '92, just street driven, but the bar which uses poly bushings, in addition to poly bushed control arms, gave great steering response, but also gave more shuddering than it should have after a good bump. I've put in new stock control arms, and took the Kevins bar and put two stock axle end bushings in it, trying to approximate a WJ setup. My next move, should I need to, is a WJ track bar and frame end mount. The stocker is an inch longer, but the frame mount is higher, so I'll have to dust off the geometry skills and see if it'll work.

Back