• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think i got effed on some leaf packs

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
So in an attemp to purchase some decent leaf packs i let my guard down and think i got took for 200 smackers on what seems to be false "deaver" leafs. Some of you might have seen my add searching for some leaf packs. Well, someone here sent me a link to what was ( i thought ) a good deal on some deaver leafs. Upon calling the number the individual says to me that they are deavers that were intended for his XJ but never installed them. Weird right??? well i get there and look them over and they looked like decent leaf packs that hadnt been used in a while. I asked if he was certain that they were deavers and this is when he said, "yeah, they guy that gave them to me said they were". right there i should have just walked away right? NO, i figured since they were only 200 bucks and me knowing they cost way more than that, i assumed i was getting a good deal. Well, turns out, that they are not. I mean, thats what i get from all the pics i googled and from Justin.

So here i am frustrated and i cant sleep cause i think i just got owned on some leafs. Great!

I texted the guy a little while ago so ill see if he responds. he has 24 hours to text call back, then at which time i will be calling him and if he starts dodging me, i will post up his Info here so that we can get some justice.

Im crossing my fingers that the guy will call back and either return my money or ill have to get medieval on is arse.

here are the pics of the alleged deaver packs

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No offense but...
Sounds like the seller didn't know much himself, so really he's not fault.
It's like buying a diamond ring off craigslist, you have to kn ow what to look for so you can cover your rump.
Harassing him won't help, nor will posting up his info.
Call him and talk, see if he'll take the leafs back after you tell him they are not Deavers.
I've been in your shoes, and in his. Relax...
Let us know what happens.
And sorry about your sale.

Do you know where he lives? We can all caravan to his house and MAKE SURE you get your money back dude

Wow... that's a real mature thing to do!
:twak:

We don't know the seller and we should give him a chance.
How do you not know the guy isn't some armed crazy ass? You'd be putting everyone at risk!

We need to just wait and see how this pans out.

Do you know where he lives? We can all caravan to his house and MAKE SURE you get your money back dude

While i wouldnt mind that, im gonna leave that as my last resort.
Wow... that's a real mature thing to do!
:twak:

We don't know the seller and we should give him a chance.
How do you not know the guy isn't some armed crazy ass? You'd be putting everyone at risk!

We need to just wait and see how this pans out.

Im gonna call him today. I sent him a text and he did not respond. I dont think im 100% to blame but still, i feel like i was robbed, to a certain extent anyway. When i met up on friday he said he was going on vacation. We shall see.

::Crosses fingers::

Have you positively confirmed these are not Deavers? They look like decent leaves to me. If they are not Deavers then maybe he would be willing to refund part of your money. If you're dead set on Deavers then you can try to get a refund but you can't prove he knew they weren't Deavers and you can't make him refund your money. Caveat Emptor (sp?)my friend.

Have you positively confirmed these are not Deavers? They look like decent leaves to me. If they are not Deavers then maybe he would be willing to refund part of your money. If you're dead set on Deavers then you can try to get a refund but you can't prove he knew they weren't Deavers and you can't make him refund your money. Caveat Emptor (sp?)my friend.

YEAH, i was thinking about that. i mean, they are decent ( from what i can see ) leafs, but for sure not deavers. I mean, unless they are some old ass ones. Ih he put deaver on the ad to sell them for more then thats B.S. I would pay maybe less knowing if they are some other brand. Again, im just frustrated about the whole thing. I guess you can say i got Pwned! :banghead:

OP, this is your fault, not his.

it would be a different story if he lied over the internet, and shipped them to you. but you went, looked over them, and picked them up paying cash on site.

to me it sounds like you're the one to blame for not knowing what the springs are....the seller obviously didn't have much knowledge about such things and you took his word for granted.

just bend over and take it. it's your fault not the seller's.

. . . i let my guard down . . . Weird right??? . . . well i get there and look them over and they looked like decent leaf packs that hadnt been used in a while . . . right there i should have just walked away right? NO, i figured since they were only 200 bucks
[/QUOTE]

1 - You let your guard down.

2 - You inspected them.

3 - You should have walked away. (you said it yourself & also thought something was weird)

4 - Like you said, "It's only 200 bucks."

5 - Sounds like both of you didnt know what you guys were looking at.

:dunno:

OP, this is your fault, not his.

it would be a different story if he lied over the internet, and shipped them to you. but you went, looked over them, and picked them up paying cash on site.

to me it sounds like you're the one to blame for not knowing what the springs are....the seller obviously didn't have much knowledge about such things and you took his word for granted.

just bend over and take it. it's your fault not the seller's.

Thanks for the kind words...:rolleyes:

1 - You let your guard down.

2 - You inspected them.

3 - You should have walked away. (you said it yourself & also thought something was weird)

4 - Like you said, "It's only 200 bucks."

5 - Sounds like both of you didnt know what you guys were looking at.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, should have gone with my gut feeling. Got ahead of myself on this one for sure.
Shit happens, lesson learned. Now all i can hope for is that they work. I didnt say this was all the sellers fault. I blame myself a little for jumping the gun. Guess i dont want to accept it.

*shrug*. harsh reality

I wouldn't even call him back about it were I in your position. not unless I got a bad vibe from him when picking up the parts, and he's a shady character. if you didn't and he isn't then he's just dumb and didn't know any better and neither did you so why should he get screwed here.

They could be Deavers from 20 years ago...who knows but those definitely do NOT look like Deavers. No english eye and each leaf without rounded ends or pads. The one front eye looks really messed up and opened up too.

*shrug*. harsh reality

I wouldn't even call him back about it were I in your position. not unless I got a bad vibe from him when picking up the parts, and he's a shady character. if you didn't and he isn't then he's just dumb and didn't know any better and neither did you so why should he get screwed here.

Look, i get what you're saying but if he sold them with the story that he just didnt get around to installing them on his Jeep, then maybe a part of him knew that they werent what he claimed they were. If so, thats effed on his part. For me to believe it and eat it all up is on me, yeah it sucks! Im not looking for sympathy at this point. I'm merely venting for a stupid decision i made. Again, it happens... lesson learned.

Now that i think about it, he did say he was trying to get back what he payed for them. So the more i think back to our conversation, the more it leads me to believe that he must have known about them not being what he thought they were. He wasnt a douche when i talked to him so this is why its all a befuddling. Im still gonna call him and talk to him. If he hangs up on me then, fack it! it is what it is.

They could be Deavers from 20 years ago...who knows but those definitely do NOT look like Deavers. No english eye and each leaf without rounded ends or pads. The one front eye looks really messed up and opened up too.

yeah i caught that, when i 1st saw them i didnt catch that. again, this is what i get for buying shit i no nothing about. Is the front eye fixable or should i just throw them away???

The eyes can be fixed but dont expect them to last very long

Take them to Deaver in Santa Ana and let them look at them and give their opinion whether usable. Did you compare the length of the spring to one for a Cherokee?

Just get them re-archd and the end closed up. They should last long enough to do some good wheeling on.
you know a place that does this?

Take them to Deaver in Santa Ana and let them look at them and give their opinion whether usable. Did you compare the length of the spring to one for a Cherokee?

i did place them under the jeep but the lenght was off by maybe an inch or less. Im guessing the shackle swings out when its under the jeep with all that weight on it, right?

Back