• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok Wire guies this is a good one..... need help

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
alright so a while back i swaped steros in my 92' no power options at all manual everything...

i ran across a "short" in the radio sircut. i bypassed it @ the fusebox and ran a new wire at the time. while driving down the road the next day i noticed the the cigg lighter wasnt working either.

today i decided to track down the "short".

i have power @ the radio fuse and the fuse is good. i had power at the radio for about 3 hrs until i started to ziptye everythiong up from the install, when i herd a glich in the stero. i fumbled around with the wires in the one spot and got a consistant power loss. "on and off everytime i moved the wire bundle up and down." then the radio just died agin.
but now the cigg lighter still works.

i have traced the wires as far into the dash as i can w/o ripping the whol front end apart.

i have no power from 12v+ constant and no swiched power either. good ground and i have power at the fuse box. the wireing diagram showes a change in thoes two wire collors somewhere alongs the line in the dash. but i havent the slightest where it would be. also theres another fuse in the constant line AFTER the fuse box before the radio, that i cnnnot find.

any help im at my wits end on this one...

thx
BronzeWyrm:hang:

I had a similar issue but It was with my stereo and the clock on the dash. For mine, the clock on the dash (I dont use the lighter though so I never checked it) and the stereo power wire are spliced in together somewhere (im assuming for they both are a purple/orange stripe wire if I remember correctly). For some reason it all of a sudden decided they couldnt both run together but ran fine seperatly. Just to make my life easy I ended up running a designated power wire straight from the battery to the stereo. No issues ever since...might try that. just fyi...If either your 12v constant OR the ign wire arent getting power your stereo wont work...you need to have both. Hope that helps a little...

Back