• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj sliders made to work on a long bed mj??

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
i have a set of rock rails that i have yet to put on my xj, and i'm picking up a long bed comanche tomorrow. anyone know if they could be made to work on the 'manche without it being a huge hassle? if not, i guess it'd be better to sell them and buy or make some that would fit properly. any input?

kinda what i figured. didn't take a real close look at the subframe/unibody of the mj while i was there, but i know there are differences. thanks.

A longbed MJ has a wheelbase that is 18 inches longer than an XJ. So they would be too short.

And the "frame rails" on an MJ and XJ are different. So you'd have to cut the mounting brackets off to adapt them.

Anything can be made to fit, but in this case, I would do like 89eliminator said and start fresh.

I highly recommend the LWB sliders from JCR:

IMG_2009.JPG

thanks guys. i think i'll just sell off the ones i bought for the xj, and put the $$$ towards some for the comanche.

Put them on your XJ if they have the outer tube on them like my JCR's they help protect you doors agianst dings from cars and small trucks.

Back