• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 INCH EXHAUST ??????

ECBULLDOG

NAXJA Forum User
hi to all, i was going to go to exhaust shop and have a 2.5 inch exhaust made up, was going to order a magnaflow muffler and hi flow cat from summit racing , does anyone have any other ideas... p.s. does anyone know any good exhaust shops in northern n.j. HA HA HA.....

Doing a Search for Muffler Exhaust would Give you Lots of Suggestions. IMHO

You really Pay for what you get in most Situations.

I went through so many Mufflers when I lived in Upstate New York and in Wisconsin. Some are made of Stainless and last the longest. Some are made with Plating. Some are made of Heavy Gauge Sheeting and would depend on the type of Sheet Metal used. Some Dent or Bend by Looking at them. Some use Aluminization, High Temp Paint, or Normal Paint for their outside Coating.

Cheaper Mufflers can Rust or Burn out from Inside Out and may use Thinner Sheet Metal of Low Carbon Steel in Construction and may have been painted with Normal Paint.

I use a Flowmaster 50 because of it's Construction, it's Reputation around here, and it comes Aluminized. It is quieter than a Flowmaster 40. The Flowmaster 70 is really Quite but one would have to use a 2.25 to 3" Adapter Section.

"Straight-through" muffler designs utilize a packing material wrapped around a piece of perforated tubing to absorb sound as its traveling through the muffler. This internal tubing is generally reduced as it enters the inlet of the muffler to help achieve a further reduction of sound as its exiting the muffler, smaller hole, less sound. At the same time this creates a further restriction for hot exhaust gases traveling through the mufflers.

I run the Flowmaster 50 2.50" Cat-Back Muffler and Tailpipe System from Rusty's and comes Aluminized. The Flowmaster 50 Muffler form Rusty's comes as a 2.25 Inlet/Expanded 2.25 to 2.50" Outlet. The entire system, I believe, would last longer in Northern Weather than a NonAluminized System especially those that have Painted Mufflers such as Cherry Bombs.

However, Rusty's: http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...Product_Code=RP-EXS1-XJ&Category_Code=PER_EXH

Rusty’s exhaust system features Flowmaster Delta Flow & Cherry Bomb Pro Mufflers. Many people ask us why Flowmaster & Cherry Bomb Pro Mufflers? Well their performance is proven and there is no other muffler that will hold up to the elements of off roading, they are built like skid plates and hold up to the beating of rocks and stumps. The Rusty’s mandrel bent 2.5 inch tail pipe keeps the exhaust flowing for maximum horse power, improved fuel economy and a performance tone. Mandrel bends offer 35 to 40% increase in flow compared to stock bent pipes. Mufflers and pipes are completely aluminized. System comes complete with heavy duty exhaust clamps.

Will work with both 4.0 & 2.5 engines. * 01 models require cutting of muffler flange. Cut on the muffler side of the flange where muffler is welded, about 2.5" behind flange. Then slide the muffler onto the 2.5" extension.

From Flowmaster: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/

942452 50 Series Delta Flow 2.25" C/O

942552 50 Series Delta Flow 2.50" C/O

53072 70 Series Big Block II 3.00" C/O Use Expanded Pipe Adapter 2.25" or 2.50" to 3.00" to havee it fit

Why should I buy a Flowmaster?

* Since Flowmaster mufflers use sound energy cancellation technology, you don't have to worry about "packing material" deteriorating and getting louder after as little as a few months.

* The interior case volume of the inside of a Flowmaster muffler is far superior to that of a "straight-pipe" or "straight-through" muffler design. Imagine filling a "straight-pipe" or "straight-through" muffler with water vs. filling a Flowmaster muffler with water. Which one do think would hold substantially more volume?

* The deflector in a Flowmaster muffler acts as a one way check valve eliminating reversion back to the engine and creates a low pressure area to help scavenge the exhaust.

* Flowmasters unique style of H-Chamber designs help control interior resonance inside the cab area of your vehicles. "Straight-through" muffler designs cannot.

* Flowmasters use fully welded construction for added strength and durability to last even when installed on high horsepower engines.

* Flowmaster mufflers are made in the U.S.A.

Developed from Flowmaster's line of Delta Force ® race mufflers, Delta Flow ® technology provides superior scavenging of exhaust gases even over a comparable (standard) Flowmaster muffler. By using multiple deflectors, vs. a single deflector, Delta Flow technology provides a cleaner faster scavenging path by eliminating the chance of turbulence commonly found behind a single deflector model. These Delta Flow deflectors can only function properly when they've been precisely placed and welded to exact specifications.

By investing in state-of-the-art electronic sensing devices, Flowmaster can now produce mufflers with internal elements placed at tolerances of +/- .004", twice the standard required by OEM car manufacturers. In fact, no one in the exhaust business today has tighter specifications. If you've ever played a musical instrument or watched a piano tuner at work, you understand how slight the differences are between being in-tune and being out-of-tune. The results are increased horsepower, torque and fuel economy with reductions of exterior sound levels as well as a decrease of interior resonance inside the vehicle. Flowmaster, it's a "Sound Decision."

* Resonant Tuning Chamber Captures and cancels specific sound frequencies, reducing resonance inside the vehicle
* Power Chamber ® Creates a negative pressure that helps scavenge exhaust gases for increased horsepower, torque and fuel mileage
* Precision Construction Electronic sensing places components to a tolerance of +/- .004", the tightest specifications in the industry
* Low Pressure Balance Chamber blocks power-robbing atmospheric pressure from entering the system.
* Delta Flow Technology® Provides advanced noise cancellation by separating and recombining pulses at precise phase shifts

deltatech.jpg

hi to all, i was going to go to exhaust shop and have a 2.5 inch exhaust made up, was going to order a magnaflow muffler and hi flow cat from summit racing , does anyone have any other ideas... p.s. does anyone know any good exhaust shops in northern n.j. HA HA HA.....
I think that would be a good way to go,just make sure you go all stainless and it should last you for awhile.

I have never regretted any custom stainless systems that I had fabbed up. For completely stock set-ups, it is a little extra money, but as far as trying to rig stuff up, an exhaust shop with mandrel bending equipment is the way to go.

Back