• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolent Over Flow Bottle for an 00 XJ

GTABurnout

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new coolent over flow bottle fr a 2000 XJ. Mine has a ton fo junk in it and I am unable to get it all out...

And one got one clean un cracked they want to sell?

Thanks
Hunter

depends...

if he is not in Tucson $30 wouldnt be worth the drive time to go get it. :)

Take it off and drop some marbles/rocks inside and shake vigorously. Helps if you add soap or vinegar and let it soak a bit.

I had been soaking it for over an hour with some heavy duty degreaser in it. The past owner let the coolent turn to mud so I have been flushing this system every two months. The Bottle is just not helping me keep the coolent clean....

Will Napa have a oem style one or will it be an after market generic...

Rockauto.com or ebay

Are you able to get the wand of a power washer in there? That's how I cleaned mine. I unscrewed it from the engine compartment and shot the power washer into there until cleaned out.

Never thought of a power washer but sinc I don't have acces to a good one may no help. I will try the places listed above thanks for the help guys...

Like BigAlpha said, take a hand full or two of rocks from your front yard and put them in the bottle and fill about a quarter full with water. Swish the water and rocks around. Report back saying you’re sorry you didn’t try it earlier and thank us for saving you $30. :)

Back