• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CA drop bracket brace

XJ jeep creep

NAXJA Forum User
i had a hell of a time installing these and after trying to pull them over so they would line up with the cross member mounting points i realized that it was built square to itself.

this wont work because the LCA mount isnt square to the unibody, they angle slightly outward. is this a mistake in the design or an f up in the factory or is there something obvious here that im missing?

if not im going to have to cut them swing them over to where they need to be, then patch and re weld them.

i hate buyng expensive bolt on parts that dont bolt on.

Rubicon Express?

Assuming they are RE, you need to bolt everything together (drops and braces) VERY loosely first. Once you get all the bolts in place, then start tightening things up. From what I've gathered, the fact that they're under tension once they're tightened up is supposed to help increase their strength.

Assuming they are RE, you need to bolt everything together (drops and braces) VERY loosely first. Once you get all the bolts in place, then start tightening things up. From what I've gathered, the fact that they're under tension once they're tightened up is supposed to help increase their strength.

I have the Rocky Road brackets and this is how they go together. Nothing can really be tightened until it's all fitted.

they are RE.

ya but once its loosely fitted its still more than 2" out. are you telling me they were designed to not line up? i think under that much tension it would be weakening it if anything. i got one side over(with 2 large clamps) but there was so much tension it stripped one of the bolts.

have any of you guys installed this kit with success?

Yes. I have them on mine. I would say something is definitely off on either the braces that you received, our your unibody is tweaked.

I had no problems with mine bolting up. Definitely not 2" out.

Have any pics?

I had a hell of a time with mine . And this was on a stight body . I had to totally losen all every bolt on the brackets and control arms to get to it all to line up . Have fun!!

2" !!! Are you sure?

I have RC drop brackets on mine. Guys have MINOR fitment issues but if you're looking at 2" then something is put together wrong or horribly bent. Minor like 1/4 or 3/8 inch, I don't see how you could have a 2" discrepancy. They should have a 90 deg angle, the back of the drop bracket will be 90 deg to the unibody frame rail when installed correctly... Or your trying to put them on an MJ.

Last edited:
the unibody is mint, its never been wheeled i started building it the day i bought it. 1/4 3/8 would be no problem. maybe i should call up RE and see whats going on or maybe find someone local running these and compare them. at the moment though they wont work as is. they are on a xj.

any ideas?

Maybe a stupid suggestion but are they built left and right or will they work on either side?

Curious... Did you call RC? What did they have to say?

Back