• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake dust shield

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if it called a dust shield but it is the shield between the hun and the sterring knuckle.

How important is it to have this? When I was pulling my axle to replace the u joint the shield got destroyed mainly from it being rusted and brittle.

I have called all local parts stores and no one carries them. I tried searching on line but I can only find them for CJ. I looked in my quadrtec catalog and the show it but its not a listed item.

Do I need this. Can I put it all back together and not risk anything. I mean I know it will run with out it but will mud dirt rocks etc cause an issue?

i destroyed mine when i was replacing a hub a long time ago. i just took it off and i have had no problems. i guess thats not a for sure yes or no but its worked for me.

I always remove them and throw them away. They catch and retain small stones too easily. Offroad, my brakes clean quicker without them.

Back