• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to extend brake lines?

Are they just longer replacement lines or some sort of bracket that moves your lines closer to the axl?

Mine was rather simple, on the axle there should be a little metal junction box that the brake lines from each drum go to. that whole little box comes off and the extension actually replaces that piece and all the way up to the body.

you should have a splitter block on one end and a threded piece on the other. The block bolts to the axle and your lines that go to each tire hhook up there along with the breather tube, and the other side goes up to a bracket that comes off your frame where it ties into the stock hard line.

that makes since, the little box was so dirty that I could not see the bolt
yeah I feel stupid now

thanks for the help
waiting for the rain to stop so I can keep lifting jeep, Ill show pics when Im done

alex

Buy YJ lines, they're longer. Napa #38845 rear and #38861 & 38862 front.

so i'm just putting on my extended rear line and am having a little problem, in trying to get the hardline out of the old flex line i toasted the fitting, what are my options(mind you its still not even out of the flex line), i know i COULD get a long piece of hardline and just run it down, but how snakey does it get going up to the prop valve?is this an option i shuold look into, or should i cut it and reflair it with a connector to make up the length?
Thanks Joe

snail
the old brake line came right on off with no problem
a 10 inch brake line came in my 3.5 RE lift to replace the stock one
I had a buddy of mine get under the axle and me in the drivers seat pumping the brakes three times and on the last time (4th) holding the brake down while my buddy losen the two small nuts letting brake fulid come out, tighten back up and do it again to let all the air out of the brake line, buy brake fulid before doing this and keep the brake fulid cap open on the engine

tell me if this is not the answer to your question but this what I did.

flyingbrick
did you buy and extended brake line or a new one, I though my brake line at first would add to the stock one but it just replace the stock one

Back