• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: Alloy USA Dana 30 4340 Chromoly Grande 30/30 Kit

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I have a brand new set of 4340 chromoly axles for the Jeep XJ, MJ, TJ, YJ, ZJ Dana 30. The kit is the Grande 30/30 kit. The inner shafts are a larger diameter 30 spline and the outer stubs are the larger diameter 30 spline as well. The axles are assembled using Dana Spicer 5-760X joints with full-circle clips. The 30 spline unit bearings are included with this kit. The unit bearings are for a 99 and up, but you could use them on an earlier housing by changing the rotors to 99 and up. You would need to get a 30-spline ARB to run this axle kit. If you are looking to upgrade your Dana 30 with stronger shafts and thinking about adding a locker, then this is the deal for you. I would like $700 for the axle kit. Let me know if you have any questions.

do you know if this kit works with the existing carrier, ring and pionion set up? Im running 4.10's right now.

Last edited:
Nope you have to have an ARB that is 30 spline or I believe that detriot makes a 30 spline locker for the dana 30 other than that maybe OX or the new zip locker might come in a 30 spline flavor... Your stock inners are 27 and if you change carriers you will probably have to reshim the carrier...

themud
Damn near bulletproof on 33's and about as good as youll get with 35's...

free bumpie...

Themud pretty much nailed it. You would need a new carrier that is 30 spline. ARB makes one, and Ox does as well. I don't think Eaton ever came out with a 30 spline Detroit. I think Auburn makes a 30 spline Ected as well. The 30 spline ccarriers would be for 3.73 and numerically higher, so your 4.10 gear would work. I ran a setup similar to this with 35's and never had any issues. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Back