• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$60 snorkel/cold air intake

sledneck

NAXJA Forum User
not sure if anyone cares but this is what i did after i stalled in a mud puddle and thought about it too long.
bluecreek016.jpg

bluecreek015.jpg

works good even drove it in the rain no problems $60 in pvc pipe and mounting hardware and some spray paint and $60 for the K&N.

what do you think

For $60, I think it Looks Great. Clean and Functional. IMHO

I have Seen so Many Made from PVC that were Real Eye Sores. Your's does Not Fit in that Category.

Looks great. Especially for 60 bucks. Would look sick if you could do something with the filter though. The filter looks a bit odd.
I kinda like it but when im muddin it gets caked i need to make a shield for it or something. most people dont know what it is i get lots of weird looks and double takes

looks ok, functionality wise... you've moved the filter to the open where it is going to get caked in mud, soaked with water and unless you properly protect it, will end up causing more problems that it was worth.

if you can come up with some kind of shroud, or put a sealed filter element in the engine bay, I think you'll be replacing the filter a lot less.

heres mine.
IMG_4693.jpg

jk. i made mine removable because i can feel a huge difference on the hill climbs with it off.i used the stock box/filter.thats just one i had given to me.

i just put it for the hell of it. i dont normally have it on there.
but people look at my jeep funny anyway, no doors and when i have the snorkel on, they thinks its exhaust or something.

Back