• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lake Blanche, July 11

xjblue

NAXJA Member #496
NAXJA Member
Hiking is a favorite activity of mine and one that attributted to and often benifits from XJ ownership. Summer in the Wasatch Mountains doesn't get much better than it is right now. Last year I hiked to lake Blanche with WayneXJ and we counted 130 or more people sharing the trail with us. I wanted to return for more photos this year, with a late saturday afternoon start I expected to miss much of the crowds and enjoy good evening light for photography. It was a great hike!

Lake Blanche located in the Twin Peaks Wilderness Area, Wasatch Mountains, is 3 miles from the trailhead and a good 2,700 ft. of elevation is gained along the way.

Wildflowers along the hike; Wilde Rose, and Lanceleaved Stonecrop

Sundial Peak reflected in the lake.

I took a bunch of photos in the spirit of our past challenge on reflections.

Portrait orientation felt right for these, there are landscape views of each in the album also.

LYF little yellow flowers, havn't yet identified them.

One more of Lake Blanche and Sundial Peak.

The Great Salt Lake in the distance.

Part of an old dam at the lake.

Colorado Colombine growing trailside, got swarmed by mosquitos so only took this one shot.

Here is a slideshow, or link to the album from any photo.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/573530123DPIBBC

Those are beautiful pics!

Nice shots Jared, I need to hike up there. How long did it take you to hike from Jeep to the lake?

Thanks guys!

Jeff I didn't keep track very well but it took me somewhere around 2 hours. A bit slower than last year.

Back