• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.3 liter xj

ceb0217

NAXJA Forum User
so I went down to a local river to see what they did to keep illegal off roading down to a minimum (mostly quads and ya i have two also) and on the way back my 4 liter spit # 2 rod (i think) out of the drivers side of the block. Ok so not a big problum till I open the hood and flames are shooting out from under the intake you know hot oil and a hot exuhast manafold. so I thought I have a gallon if antifreeze it will put it out. ya right it made it flame MORE so I starded throwing out stuff from the inside into the ditch and then I find a half drank waterbottle and I am able to put most of it out. the most it done was melt plastic vacume hoses and some inj. wires. so I wont be wheeling for a little bit till I get one of them running agian:flame::bawl:

Last edited:
How many miles were on the motor?

First the mouse nest on your turbo, now the XJ catching fire. I would be stashing extinguishers under every seat if I were you. :D

Glad to hear it wasn't a total loss. Hope you get it fixed up soon!

just as fyi for many people, ethylene glycol is an alcohol. which is highly flammable. as is windshield washer fluid. if trying to save the motor, i would probably throw dirt, if the engine wasn't running. then tow it home and clean the intake. it'll take work, but it's a save in a pinch.

Back