• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any DeepSea Fishermen?

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking if any of you guys/girls wants to get a charter fishing trip going for september? Any Inquirys or ideas?? Thanks..

Depending on the date and price, I would be interested.

Only done it once and had a blast.

I would love to go. I used to have access to a boat we took out all the time. Even took it to Catalina and back. We jokingly referred to it as the "SS Minnow". She was a hog in the water. always fighting the damn thing to go straight, plus you could feel the engine chug when we would climb a swell. On the way back from Catalina it started vapor locking right in the middle of the channel. That was not fun!!! I removed the engine cover and ran it without it and it was OK, but we sold it after that. Besides going to Catalina in the pitch dark morning hours with nothing but a map, compass and a flashlight was a little hairy!

Anyway, I still have two rods, reals and some equipment. I love being out on te ocean, so count me in as long as I have the funds!!!

I know some seamen.

Im going out this fri on a friends charter in san diego. Blue fin and some yellows have been coming in. Hopefully we'll get em... Ill report back :D
nice. u chartering with H&M sport fishng?

i was thinking maybe we go to davy jones locker in newport/huntington beach area. september should be a nice month to go?

Ive worked on Boats from Ventura to Long Beach. let me know where you guys plan on going and i might be able to get you a discout...I need to know the name of landing and boat

I would love to go. I used to have access to a boat we took out all the time. Even took it to Catalina and back. We jokingly referred to it as the "SS Minnow". She was a hog in the water. always fighting the damn thing to go straight, plus you could feel the engine chug when we would climb a swell. On the way back from Catalina it started vapor locking right in the middle of the channel. That was not fun!!! I removed the engine cover and ran it without it and it was OK, but we sold it after that. Besides going to Catalina in the pitch dark morning hours with nothing but a map, compass and a flashlight was a little hairy!

Anyway, I still have two rods, reals and some equipment. I love being out on te ocean, so count me in as long as I have the funds!!!
cool man. sounds like a plan. i figured september. not too hot on the sea. gives everyone a month to get situated with money and equipment.

Ive worked on Boats from Ventura to Long Beach. let me know where you guys plan on going and i might be able to get you a discout...I need to know the name of landing and boat
cool man. thanks for your help. i will let you know.:peace::thumbup:

I used these guys for my only trip. They were great! We did private charter 1/2 day. It was like $1400 5 years ago. We had like 10 or 12 people go so it was really affordable.

I would recommend a limited load boat if possible. The "party boat" or open can get crowded.

Back