• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless Problem

TYphoon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have been at this whole doorless thing for a few hours now. Taking off all the torx bolts was a big pain because my sockets didn't fit in there :smsoap: but I got them off with a pair of pliers (i know :sure:) anyways. Now I am at the point where i disconnected the wire from down under the steering wheel and all that, but there is this rubber thing (in picture) that goes in the hole and wont let the wire slide through. What should I do?
Jeep313.jpg

Jeep314.jpg

cut it off. That should solve it. If you cut a slit in the side you could probably re use it. I haven't seen what has been done about this in any write-ups I have read.

cut it off. That should solve it. If you cut a slit in the side you could probably re use it. I haven't seen what has been done about this in any write-ups I have read.

Yeah me neither thats why I asked. I will try to carefully cut the sucker off. I will be back with results (hopefully positive) :wave1::wave1: thanks!

Yeah me neither thats why I asked. I will try to carefully cut the sucker off. I will be back with results (hopefully positive) :wave1::wave1: thanks!

No problem! Remember, it's easy to solder wires back together! :D

just disconnect the wires from the speaker and pull it throught the way that it will go
:doh: i guess he does only have speaker wires why didn't I think of that. You could make some sort of disconnect for them too so you don't have to take the speakers out each time you take the doors off.

:doh: i guess he does only have speaker wires why didn't I think of that. You could make some sort of disconnect for them too so you don't have to take the speakers out each time you take the doors off.

I just disconnected it from the bottom and it works like a charm!
Now what to do about this light lol

I just disconnected it from the bottom and it works like a charm!
Now what to do about this light lol

pull the door switches out and disconnect them! the ones on the door frame not the window switches.

I usually just take the lights out... works like a charm... my friend did a switch where he can turn the lights on and off... I dont know exactly how he did it...

I am not very electronically inclined lol. Could you explain how?

One of the doorless threads has something about it. but you should be able to unbolt it.

this thing:
Jeep314.jpg

Edit: I went through the trouble of circling it for you and you figured it out!! :laugh3:

ya it kinda looks like somone stole your doors...

Yeah it at least needs some good tires and it would look OK. I'd still rock it that way!

pshhh, between my speaker and power locks and windows I have like 15-20 wires (just swapped on a new door on my other XJ equpped with the same) it would be such a hassle to take my doors off and really I dont mind wheeling with them. If I wanted to go doorless I would start to think about a SWB Jeep. But I love XJ's and if I ever got a Wrangler or CJ I would still keep my XJ's

Back