• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master Pull !!

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
I've gotta take a moment here to give some serious props to Master Pull, the newest sponsor of the PNW's E-Crew.

Having just completed the Idaho Rally International 2009 ( www.idahorally.com ) it is simple for me to say that this winchline was simply amazing!

Having one of the most busy rally races for my crew that we've ever seen, the first day was spent slinging winchlines, straps and chains until 4:30am with the next day starting at about 9am.

I definitely broke in the Superline XD and put it through the ringers. In total I believe I was hooked up to around 6-7 different cars all in ravines with fairly complicated extractions. The line held up perfectly through some serious abuse. That outer layer really helps save that line from the elements.

I did manage to abuse it to the point of tearing the heatshrink around the knot at the hook, but that doesn't seem like too big a deal!

Here's some shots of the extractions...

589323465_dsc_0570.jpg

589422596_cimg1011.jpg

589425213_cimg1014.jpg

589425942_cimg1015.jpg

589427714_cimg1016.jpg

extraction1.jpg

extraction2.jpg

extraction3.jpg

extraction4.jpg

lovesac3.jpg

lovesac5.jpg

money.jpg

money2.jpg

sutherland.jpg

Yeah, the rope is great. When we're doing extractions we tend to get a crowd around us so the steel line break recoil can be dangerous. With media people and stage crews coming down the mountain, it's hard to keep people backed away.

I just went out and respooled my line, just to get it all straight and perfect. I did notice that I absolutely kicked that abrasion guards ass. There are portions of it melted to my rollers, and I found a spot where the core rope is showing, but no fraying in the rope itself. Even in the extreme rush we get in, I'm gonna have to be a little more cautious with the rope, and get those delrin rollers because now I have a rough spot in the steel ones.

I think I need to get a second one of those velcro on covers too, so I can cover both ends when we're snatch block pulling.

Those guys know how to party to :D.

...and fro?

:roflmao: I'll be worried when I dont see your smart ass grammar comments somewhere on the forums each day.

Looks like a fun job wheelin :)

Back