• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

beefing dana 30

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
im working on adding some extra bracing to my dana 30 so far i have boxed in the passenger side uca mount and boxed in both lca mounts

ideally i would like to add a truss but my fab skills are not good enough yet to build one and i dont wanna dish out the money to buy one right now

so here is my question
would it be worth it to weld the tubes to the diff like you would do on a ford 8.8 if so what is the proper process using a arc welder? do i need to heat the diff up first and use a special rod?

also i was bored and made this out of some scrap just sitting in the garage and was wondering if by adding it would i gain any kind of strength from it or should i just toss it

any input/ additional ideas or pictures of what you have done are appreciated

p.s. i tried posting this in the fab section but im not allowed to so hopefully i can get some response here

thanks

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

the reason you weld the tubes on an 8.8 is because the tubes will turn. the 30 doesnt have the problem iirc. but the mounts you made arnt going to hurt. and i couldnt twll yuo how much they will help because i dont know. lol

if properly welded on, with the right preheating, rod selection and everything, it would help , of course not as much as a full truss..

ive finally gotten around to getting a d30 up on my work bench.... the more i do to it, the more i wish i'd spent the coin on the tnt truss/brackets..... if for nothing else than cleanlyness....

Dang, that's nice. I do wonder though, if you're gonna put that much work into it why stick with the D30? seems a D44 would be worth it if you're gonna put that much work into it.

Back