• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Advice

chaywood

NAXJA Forum User
That JCR bumper looks good. Even with all the options it's quite a bit cheaper than Moab4x4's. I've never delt with them, I wonder how quickly they can ship. I tried AJ's but his turn around time is prety long, being a one man show and all.

I went with nates4x4. It is top quality and the price can't be beat. The only problem is that he has a terrible reputation for bad customer service. I didn't have any trouble with him. He returned my messages same day and it took about 7 weeks to get my bumper which wasn't too bad IMHO. The only negative comment about the bumper is that it sits a little bit too low, it should be about an inch higher, but its not really a big deal.

I paid $160+$15 for light tabs and $25 for the hardware. Shipping to me was about $100

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33

l_210a59d907a64f7c904f35f6d5b49d63.jpg

l_50056a5111b44d99be85fef55167dd4c.jpg

l_d6d092076d904cfbb3eb85517ed16393.jpg

IF you think, even in the remotest, tiniest corner of your mind that you MIGHT want a winch in the future--then buy the winch bumper now, or you will end up selling the non-winch bumper for maybe 1/2 of what you paid for it.

Just my humble opinion.

IF you think, even in the remotest, tiniest corner of your mind that you MIGHT want a winch in the future--then buy the winch bumper now, or you will end up selling the non-winch bumper for maybe 1/2 of what you paid for it.

Just my humble opinion.

X2. I've had my winch bumper for almost a year and still no winch in it, but I plan to get a winch this winter.

~Scott

I have one of Nate's bumpers and it is a decent bumper. I just had to winch the front of my Jeep sideways and it held up fine. I have used it multiple times for recovery and it has always been up to the task.

JCR Winch bumper is what I went with, no winch yet but someday...
JCR also includes the unibody tie-ins with the winch bumper.

Do not buy from Nates4x4. I sent him $500 in May for a winch bumper. The only message I have received is that he got my order and "it is shipping soon", after several emails, texts, and phone voicemails. I have demanded my money back multiple times with no reply.

Unless you want to be down $500, go somewhere else. I'm still bumperless.

Do not buy from Nates4x4. I sent him $500 in May for a winch bumper. The only message I have received is that he got my order and "it is shipping soon", after several emails, texts, and phone voicemails. I have demanded my money back multiple times with no reply.

Unless you want to be down $500, go somewhere else. I'm still bumperless.

This is not the first time someone has posted a bad experience with Nates!!! I will NEVER buy or reccomend them!! (n)

Check out www.rigidco.com I've got the FbG and love it. I think it's the best looking non-winch bumper on the market and you can definitely get one for under your price range. The mounting system is strong as hell.

1804493700_88a604cb08.jpg

They certainly should, if the welds were done right.

thanks guys. i liked the ridgco but kinda prefer a few hoops.

one last question, would these welded d-ring tabs hold up as a strong recovery point?

Check this out http://www.flickr.com/photos/rigid/

Rigidco can make a few different hoops for your front bumper. I have the BG11 on mine with IPF lights on it. Gives it a little extra grille protection and style.

n5719488_42362280_8434.jpg

As for the d-ring mounts, yes they are made for recovery points.

Last edited:
I went with nates4x4. It is top quality and the price can't be beat. The only problem is that he has a terrible reputation for bad customer service. I didn't have any trouble with him. He returned my messages same day and it took about 7 weeks to get my bumper which wasn't too bad IMHO. The only negative comment about the bumper is that it sits a little bit too low, it should be about an inch higher, but its not really a big deal.

I paid $160+$15 for light tabs and $25 for the hardware. Shipping to me was about $100

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33

l_210a59d907a64f7c904f35f6d5b49d63.jpg

l_50056a5111b44d99be85fef55167dd4c.jpg

l_d6d092076d904cfbb3eb85517ed16393.jpg
What's the size of the rectangular tube used on that bumper? 2"x4"?

I was thinking of building that TNT Customs one... well something halfway like it (without the stinger and winch mount), but I can't decide between a bumper style like that or a bumper kinda like Nate's 4x4. Guess price on material will help me decide.

Back