• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix motor swap...

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a full complete running 1989 cherokee and the body is in bad shape. I plan on taking the drivetrain out and grafting it in my 1982 j10(I know it is a full size but still a jeep).

My question is what can I leave out of the system when I swap it out... I know I can take out the egr system, but what else...

Also I plan on doing a stroker build before the motor goes in...

I cannot think of anything else that would be beneficial to remove. The Renix system dosn't like it when you remove stuff anyway, as in, it won't start with something unhooked. Except the EGR, it doesn't seem to mind missing that. Unless you are converting it to carb and points, or something cool like that, your going to want pretty much everything from the XJ.

Go poke around on the JP Magazine website, jpmagazine.com, as they have done this already in a series of articles.

Yeah I have been reading along on the article j2000 from jpmagazine. They took the easy way out and bought a obd1 wiring harness.

I will just take my time and carefully trace all the wires in the xj...

Also I'm sure the 4.0 will feel more snappy then my old and worn 360.

Back