• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing A/C?

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been talked about to death,and that it's probably a really stupid simple answer, and that I should probably know this. . . BUT: Can I remover the condenser and and A/C plumbing and just leave the compressor where it is? I'd plug the holes and disconnect the harness, but I just want to ensure that I won't blow the thing up like that.

yeah you can get a A/c delete pulley for it too

Yeah, I know that I could get the A/C deletion pulley, but I plan on doing OBA this winter and don't want to waste the money on the pulley.

So it's ok to just remove all lines, the condenser, and everything to the compressor as long as the compressor isn't engaged?

You should have the system properly evac'ed before you break the lines. Gotta protect that ozone layer...

And you should avoid engaging the compressor with the system removed: the coolant acted as a lubricant. Without it or some sort of oiler, the compressor will be running dry.

Unplugging the lead would be plenty.

Robert

Yeah, I know that I could get the A/C deletion pulley, but I plan on doing OBA this winter and don't want to waste the money on the pulley.

So it's ok to just remove all lines, the condenser, and everything to the compressor as long as the compressor isn't engaged?

I've been running mine like this for a few years... I'm going to go convert it for onboard air I swear...

You should have the system properly evac'ed before you break the lines. Gotta protect that ozone layer...

And you should avoid engaging the compressor with the system removed: the coolant acted as a lubricant. Without it or some sort of oiler, the compressor will be running dry.

Unplugging the lead would be plenty.

Robert

I already evaped the system, it failed the vacuum test so I didn't recharge the system. That's one of two reasons I want to ditch it.

I removed the condenser and hoses, unplugged the compressor, and left it there. No problems so far except that I continue to not convert it to OBA.

Back