• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44

went there today, i didnt' see a black cherokee but the one i saw was green with a dana 44. but they wanted $250 so i didn't take it so its still there if anyone wants.

$250? I pulled a D44 from the Ecology in Wilmington for $150.

Go back and pull it. When they ask you what vehicle it came off of, tell them it was a passenger car. Then it should be about $120-130.

They probably said $250, because if it's raining, everything's usually 1/2 price. And they didn't want to sell an axle for $75.

xjohnnyc said:
They probably said $250, because if it's raining, everything's usually 1/2 price. And they didn't want to sell an axle for $75.

Nothing was 1/2 price yesterday... or maybe its because Im white.. havent gotten a break at the yard yet...

So you didn't find any stuff for the Mazda?

xjohnnyc said:
$250? I pulled a D44 from the Ecology in Wilmington for $150.

Go back and pull it. When they ask you what vehicle it came off of, tell them it was a passenger car. Then it should be about $120-130.
I get them for $150 without half price weekends!!! And you're right: anything for us is off a station wagon :D

ya I got there and found the axle, then asked them how much for an axle out of a jeep he said $250. I said what about out of a car he said $200. So i didn't want to hassle taking that thing out and him still saying $200. no big deal. If or when i break my Dana 35 then i'll start looking for something beefier. Already have 4.56's and a detroit with 32's and its been in there for a while with no problems. and i have spare shafts. Let them break then i'll worry about it.

etaniyani said:
when i break my Dana 35 ..... and i have spare shafts. i'll worry about it.
:D
OK..... changing shafts on the trail on a cclip axle SUCKS. Non cclip is almost just as bad depending on where the break is..... so upgrade to a D44 when you get a chance and sell your D35 to make some money of it! Even if the 44 cost $200 then it's not bad. I know people who pay for junkyard 44's $300+ because they are hard to get and at one point or another THEY WILL BE REALLY SCARCE!

99% chance it should be a 3.55

you guys happen to know if the yoke on it is the same as on a Chrysler 8.25 rear end?

I'm gonna hopefully be picking one up here in Albuquerque NM this weekend :D

nope.. the 8.25 and D44 are two totaly different beasts all together...but if your asking that your driveshaft will bolt in then YES... they both use a 1310 u joint...

WOW yous guys are a bunch of cheap bastards...
I'll go pull it and sell it to someone that is willing to pay $400 for it. Yes they are out there and easy to find... (the people willing to pay $400 not the axle). Then that person will pay for new gears, locker, CrMo alloy 33 spline shafts and new brakes. then pay me to build it for them.
That little $250 investment just payed for itself and then some.
So go ahead and leave it there for a rainy day. Then when its not there and you need a D44 youll call me and buy it off of me for more.
Yes I am drinkin and in a F'ed up mood. not that I would really drive all the way up there to get dirty just to score an axle that I allready have a stack of in the garage. just so I can go deeper into debt to sit on an axle I don't need... thats ok. you go get it and bring it to me... :moon:

Back