• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire install homebrew style

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
So I needed to mount the new to me tires pockets are kinda tight so I called up a buddy who has a Harbor Frieght tire tool (thanks Mike) (Please dont flood him with request) Mike expressed how much of a PIA it was to mount his tires Me being the resourcefull little bugger that I am came up with a solution. A big thanks to sandiegoxj Mike for coming by and giving me a hand.
First picture is of the tool. It is designed to be secured to the floor for use.

stand.jpg

I cant drill holes in gov housing so I came up with this.

stuff.jpg

hitch.jpg

weld.jpg

Then used my truck to hold the set up

install.jpg

Used airsoft beads to balance

beads.jpg

And a test pose once we were finished.
finish.jpg

Once we figured out how to opererate the thing it was easy ocean jet mike did his by himself and holding this thing with his feet, My hats off to you Mike. The airsofts work great only notice them when stopping.

Damn, that Jeep gets better lookin' every time I see it. Good job, Paul.

Damn, that Jeep gets better lookin' every time I see it. Good job, Paul.

Thanks Dan, Its getting there. My goal is to be on the trails by the middle of next month.

Just a lil at full lock.

Thanks steve, those wheels and tires sure make it look a whole lot better than this
pose.jpg

Nice write up :).

Your Rig is looking good.

Back