• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wobble Me!

93RugbyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have a 93 I6 with a 3” Rusty’s suspension lift on 31” tires and 50K on the tires and 170K on the truck.

Now when I make soft left turns going 50mph, give or take 3 mph, my truck gets the death wobbles. If I slow down to 45 it goes away. I had not had the tires rotated in a long time and I had them rotated about a month ago and it would do it really bad, but when I got them rotated back to the way they were it only does it under the situation I described. If I'm driving straight on a smooth road and get to 50mph it shakes just a little bit but not noticable to anyone else. Could it be just the way the tires were worn and rotated. It is about time to get new tires but they still have some life to them. Any ideas or advice?

Steering stabilizer is not the answer. Its a band-aid that may cover up the problem. You need to possibly replace Tie rod ends, control arm bushings, and/or trac bar bushings.

goodburbon said:
Steering stabilizer is not the answer. Its a band-aid that may cover up the problem. You need to possibly replace Tie rod ends, control arm bushings, and/or trac bar bushings.

I like to ignore things until they stare me in the face with a bunch of broken stuff :D

occasionally ball joints and unit bearings can cause this as well

I had DW on my 97 and bought the quick fix steering stabilizer. I could still feel it trying to wobble on me, and 3 months later it finally did. I was gonna fix it, but then I lifted it. The lift made the wobble disappear. 2 years later it has returned, and I haven't been in the states long enough to fix it yet.

Back