• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Exhaust for the money?

Cherokee Kid

NAXJA Forum User
After about 4 years my Rusty's exhaust has died. The bracket behind the muffler that hold the pipe up actually broke off of the pipe leaving a silver dollar sized hole. I don't think my coat hanger rigging job is going to hold up through the winter.
So guys, I did a search and it helped none. Who is making the best pipe/muffler right now for XJ's? I really don't want to spend more than $250. Thanks a bunch. :rattle:

did you get the rusty cat back system with a flow master ?

I doubt your flowmaster has failed so just go to a local muffler shop and have them bend up some new pipe for ya.

It will cost WAAAAY less than $250. I am thinking like 60-80 bucks maybe

Yeah the flowmaster is probably fine. It's just the crappy pipe that's rusted. I guess that's a good idea, I'll just go to mineke or something.

===============================
don't think my coat hanger rigging job is going to hold up through the winter.
===============================
Use better coat hangers !!!!!!!!!!!

i have done my stock exhaust after the cat all the way back and it only costs me about $75 total (twice, 2 dif jeeps). I bought the parts from car quest (cept for my thrush muffler :p that was at a cap)

I got my Spin Tech muffler direct from the company for less than $100 shipped. www.spintechmufflers.com I used the tubing from a Dynomax cat back that I got for super cheap on Summit racing years back. Sold the Dynomax muffler for more than I paid for the entire kit. A local exhaust shop should be able to bend you a new pipe all the way back for cheap. I had a local shop bend me a 2.5" mandral bent down pipe from the header back to the cat for $50. A local shop should be able to install your muffler and bend new pipe all the way out for way less than $200.

AARON

dynomax cat back, and magnaflow catalytic converter. excellent sound and performance for the $$, and way less than any other systems.

MrShoeBoy said:
I got my Spin Tech muffler direct from the company for less than $100 shipped. www.spintechmufflers.com I used the tubing from a Dynomax cat back that I got for super cheap on Summit racing years back. Sold the Dynomax muffler for more than I paid for the entire kit. A local exhaust shop should be able to bend you a new pipe all the way back for cheap. I had a local shop bend me a 2.5" mandral bent down pipe from the header back to the cat for $50. A local shop should be able to install your muffler and bend new pipe all the way out for way less than $200.

AARON

That spin tech muffler looks like it won't flow worth a damn. A stock muffler would outflow that pos. No offense.

On my last XJ I had the cherry bomb w no cat for a couple months and it sounded like $#!+. I then went to the Dynomax cat-back and it ran and sounded better(backpressure is good thing). On my current XJ I have the Borla header/cat-back with Magnaflow cat and it runs and sounds awesome. I'll buy Borla for any of my future vehicles (umhmm m3;).

Back