• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need to free my truck!

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
After finishing putting in my new seat on my XJ (thx Russ/Cal) i started working on getting my cabover camper off my Ford F-250. I found out i have a camper jack that when it gets enough weight on it it fails to go up anymore (found it has some broken gears). I looked on internet for gears and I dont see anything for them. I cant afford to buy one at the moment and I just want it off my truck.

So I was wondering if anyone in High Desert area might have one laying around that I might borrow or get real cheap?

TRY THIS; jack up your vehicle put blocks under the camper jacks, lower the vehicle and drive it away

I think I have two spare camper jacks, both hydraulic.

I will check when I go over to the shop in the morning.

Free if you can bring me down some seats from Dan Gerr.

Cool I will send you a PM.

They have some that lift from the side using a cradle.
I had an old cab over camper that didn't come with the lift jacks,
I hadto rent that rig to get it off my truck (then I bought the bolt on
kind.)

Well mine on one side bolt on and the other have like a big L bracket set up that "cradles" under and to the side of camper. All of them are tripod bases (which i guess are better than straight pole ones for stability). I belive that I can unbolt the ones off the L bracket cradle thing and bolt up to other side etc so they seem universal. I will see if i can get a pic of them and post here. How much were they to rent out? I basically am taking it off my truck (which I hope to sell) and then try to sell my camper (guy doesnt want it).

I might have to wait til beginning of month to do anything now (Rent or delivery, etc) so I am not in a hurry due to funds.. especially waiting to see how much I will be garnished by my Ex so I know where to go from there.

Back