• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Report: Bush surveillance program was massive

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
No surprises there, remember ISDN, that high speed internet and phone solution that was around in the 80's and 90's, know why it never took off ? It was because the government could not tap the phone lines, they would not let it go into general use until we developed a method to capture digital packets and reassemble them, by the time we developed the tech to do this the cable companies had already come up with DOCIS and DSL was being developed by another project, DSL had the advantage of being analog for voice and digital for data, both of which could be 'tapped'. By the time the ISDN group down the hall from me did it they already lost the race. I was working on the ISCP at bellcore at the time and was tripping over those nsa nerds on a daily basis. The feces hit the fan one day when I took my software build machines off the network and kept them isolated, until then I suspected they were into my production systems but until I pulled the jumper could not prove it.

Last edited:
Back