• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GPS?

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so looking to get a GPS I'm not to smart at these things, in fact I know nothing at all about them. So what I want to know is what the good ones are, should I be looking for one that I can program roads in to, like the trails, or is there one that would have the trails at TSF and what not in it already? What am I looking at spending for one?

Ok looked at that so is it posible to buy one that you can put your own roads in the only time I will use it is when I'm on the trails.

You can buy a basic one and add additional maps and just run the trails yourself and make a map yourself. Also, if you know someone who has done that you should be able to transfer the data to your.
Shawn

i personally love the 60cs and 60CSX the CS is cheaper, but with the mapping software they are great up in TSF.. even the rangers use the CSX

I got the Garmin Nuvi 750 cant remember the exact reason. But it was somthing to do with waypoint plotting and route planning. So I could mark things trail heads lakes creeks and such. Works really good love it.

Anyway this is a decision you really need to get involved with find out whats out there and what fits your needs.

Edit: The reason was multiple destinations or "Via points" so I could get an ETA to say walker hill from loon lake. Once I get there spider lake's ETA will show up

Last edited:
I like the sounds of that, would be nice to have for fishing and love my fishing as well.

Back