• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best leaf packs?

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
So I need some help trying to decide what leaf packs to get for my jeep, I have had Rustys 4.5 inch leaves for the past 2 years and now they are S shaped. I currently run a 1.75 inch shackle, the HD offroad engineering shackle boxes and the rustys leafs, but need something else. I was thinking RE 3.5 inch leafs? But I am not sure if these will be any better, I wheel almost every weekend now so I want something that is a quality product. Currently my rustys ones are bent because my bumpstops are too short in the rear so I am going to add longer ones to fix that. But with the shackle boxes the rear flexes alot so I need the leafs to be up to the task.

Any bad things about RE leaves? Or what is a better leaf to buy, I was told stay away from the DPG leaves by a friend.

-Alex

So I need some help trying to decide what leaf packs to get for my jeep, I have had Rustys 4.5 inch leaves for the past 2 years and now they are S shaped. I currently run a 1.75 inch shackle, the HD offroad engineering shackle boxes and the rustys leafs, but need something else. I was thinking RE 3.5 inch leafs? But I am not sure if these will be any better, I wheel almost every weekend now so I want something that is a quality product. Currently my rustys ones are bent because my bumpstops are too short in the rear so I am going to add longer ones to fix that. But with the shackle boxes the rear flexes alot so I need the leafs to be up to the task.

Any bad things about RE leaves? Or what is a better leaf to buy, I was told stay away from the DPG leaves by a friend.

-Alex
There made in India now! bigoffroad,bds,deaver...

Alcan springs FTW.

~Scott

The best come from Deaver Suspension, however, may be Over Kill for your Build. Maybe better to go with BDS Suspension Rear 4" Leaf Spring.

RE Leaf Springs, I believe, are Fabricated in India as I remember it.

I had trouble trying to find BDS's Rear 4" Leaf Springs sold separately and not in a Complete Lift Kit. Sorry. Try calling them.

Business Hours Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)

phone: 517-279-2135
fax: 517-278-2316

Corporate Address:

BDS Suspension
102 S. Michigan Avenue
Coldwater MI, 49036

Deaver Suspension G09 CHEROKEE XJ ('84-01) 4" Rear $702.78

leafsprings.jpg

I have heard good things about BOR, I am going to give them a call tomorrow and talk to them about those. Do you guys suggest the regular or flexy packs?

-Alex

you could do what i'm going to do.

1. find a set of 1/2 ton dodge van springs
2. tear apart current pack (OME)
3. use dodge main leaf to build custom pack.

the Dodge packs are the same distance front bushing to center pin as XJ packs. The rear section is a couple inches longer.

How so? I wheel almost every weekend, and don't treat my jeep gently. I need a pack that will hold up to a lot of abuse, and bushings that will last quite a long time.

-Alex

Deavers are used a lot in JeepSpeed XJs where Flex is not as Important as Compression. It Depends on what you were Planning to use your XJ for. A lot of JeepSpeed XJs run with Nationals as well. IMHO

BDSs are Made to be Flexable. At least I have never Heard of anyone using them for JeepSpeed.

Deavers are used a lot in JeepSpeed XJs where Flex is not as Important as Compression. It Depends on what you were Planning to use your XJ for. A lot of JeepSpeed XJs run with Nationals as well. IMHO

BDSs are Made to be Flexable. At least I have never Heard of anyone using them for JeepSpeed.

Thanks for the clarification, my rig sees more flex then general compression.

-Alex

I have a set of deavers, I am very happy with them. The deavers are spendy but worth the money.

The best come from Deaver Suspension, however, may be Over Kill for your Build. Maybe better to go with BDS Suspension Rear 4" Leaf Spring.

RE Leaf Springs, I believe, are Fabricated in India as I remember it.

I had trouble trying to find BDS's Rear 4" Leaf Springs sold separately and not in a Complete Lift Kit. Sorry. Try calling them.

Business Hours Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)

phone: 517-279-2135
fax: 517-278-2316

Corporate Address:

BDS Suspension
102 S. Michigan Avenue
Coldwater MI, 49036

Deaver Suspension G09 CHEROKEE XJ ('84-01) 4" Rear $702.78

leafsprings.jpg
Go to bds web site click on lift and get P/N# for leafs go to accessories with the part# and order

BDS

Out of Curiosity I tried to take a Peek, however, Ordering the Parts by Part # wasn't Working for me.

Called BDS, one could go to their Local 4x4 Shop to Order these as well.

Download their Catalog: http://www.bds-suspension.com/BDSLibrary/catalog/BDS_Catalog_2008_lores.pdf

Lifetime Warrenty for any Reason; Flattening, Warping, Bending, Twisting, Breaking, or anything Else.

004209 3" Rear Leaf Spring $190.05 each $380.09 a pair

004509 5" Rear Leaf Spring $214.92 each $429.84 a pair

Hope this helps.

BDS

Out of Curiosity I tried to take a Peek, however, Ordering the Parts by Part # wasn't Working for me.

Called BDS, one could go to their Local 4x4 Shop to Order these as well.

Download their Catalog: http://www.bds-suspension.com/BDSLibrary/catalog/BDS_Catalog_2008_lores.pdf

Lifetime Warrenty for any Reason; Flattening, Warping, Bending, Twisting, Breaking, or anything Else.

004209 3" Rear Leaf Spring $190.05 each $380.09 a pair

004509 5" Rear Leaf Spring $214.92 each $429.84 a pair

Hope this helps.

Wow that is quite a warranty, I might have to look at those some more. I called BOR and talked to them about their leaves. I like the sound of them but that warranty from BDS is enticing.

-Alex

Back