• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

awX4 trans to a v8??

kaymoto

NAXJA Forum User
so from my understanding I have an aisin 30-43le trans(89 wagoneer limited).... so would anybody tell me if it is possible to bolt any v8 up to it? I love my 4.0, but if I can go v8 I will! -thanks

Try Advance Adapters or Novak; once you find an adapter that'll pretty much tell you what your engine choice will be. Somebody here will know or post this in Street and Performance. -B

okay, so i figured out that I cannot bolt up anything other than the 4.0 to the aisin warner trans.. but I have figured alot of the remaining info.. so the plan now is to use a chevy small block bolted to a th400 trans, but now im left needing more info. I know what to do for the motor and trans mounts and everything inbetween, but can I use the matching transfer case or do I have to use a conversion and my original transfer? I would like to use the gm transfer if I can..

Gm used the NP-231 in a lot of applications, so you can use the 231, 241, and 242 pretty much interchangeably. The -400, -350, 700R4, and 4L60 are all options that have factory adapters that will bolt up. Any idea which V-8 you're aiming for?

Edit: R.DesJardin: oh, yea, a Northstar is sweet

Of course you can gonna have to have some driveshafts made

I didn't know you could use a northstar.. but I'd still rather go sbc, I think I'll be stuck using a stock 400 small block thats been neglected for years in the back of the shop. I do however have an edlebrock intake mani and a comp cam that I will throw in it. how would I figure out what adapter to use? would I have to change the output shaft on the trans? I've been on novak and they're sayin I need a conversion kit to use th new process transfers, and the kits are in the high four hundreds!!

Last edited:
Back