• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump "1988"

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I have just put in a fuel pump , but the hanger set up suggested it was the 4 cylinder pump. All parts fit great on the hanger, but it isn't getting the correct amount of fuel. The engine is popping and missing. If you look at the fuel pump that every one has posted up on there sites it is a different one then the one I took out. Does Bosch still make these pumps ?
Anyone else run into problems with this year pump.

What brand, what is the part number, and where did you buy it?

The engine is a 4.0 renix 1988. The part number is P74032 Carter. Bought it at a local parts store, Hendersons in Boise.
The only other pumps for that year were totally different size and didn't have the right rubber replacement parts. I looked at 2 others besides this one. This has to be low a volume pump.I looked at what Autozone and Schucks had and it was te same package as the others that have the wrong size and rubber.

That part number does list it for the 4 banger. Check the Rockauto site.

That part number does list it for the 4 banger. Check the Rockauto site.

There is your problem, your starving the engine.

About two weeks ago I bought a Bosch 69302, the correct 4.0 pump, for $79 including shipping to Oregon from rockauto.com.

Didn't need it, but that price was too good to pass up.

Back