• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front door speakers

slapshot

NAXJA Forum User
hey all. i've recent noticed that my front drivers side speaker does not work. i checked the connections behind the deck, as well as in the door and all seems well, ie they are connected. i'm wondering what else to do/ where to look. i'm getting some free speakers from a buddy, but if the wiring to them is broken they are of no use. also my passenger side speaker cuts in and out from time to time.

anyone have any suggestions?

Probably broken wires right where the wire go through the rubber lume between the doors and the body.

Yep. Pop the door panel off, pull the harness back through the rubber grommet, and start playing with the leads- the break in mine was pretty obvious once I got it apart.

butt connectors... depends on where the break is... if you can get to them easy enough thenjust butt connect them and heat shrink them and life goes on.

Back