• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead console retrofit question

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
Im installing an over head console in my 2001 Cherokee. The console is from a 97 Cherokee. Im having trouble finding the plug for the digital display. Where does the overhead console plug into behind the dash. I got the lights and keyless entry working, just cant find a home for that third plug. I read a write up that says it should be behind the glove box but its not on mine. I know all Cherokees came wired up for these and I do have the wiring up front for the temp sensor. Any help would be great.

Your going to need to cut a splice the wires for the plug...

The plug for your jeep is going to be a big one since its a 2000...it will be behind the passenger side kick panel.

The wire plugs are different for each year except the 2000 and 2001. You can use a sewing needle or other sharp pointy object to disassemble the wire connector from the wire ends and then install your existing wire connectors onto the 1997 wire harness.

I have some console wire diagrams and console install info I can email you. PM me a good email address.

JeepZZ took this pic of the wire harness ends.
2001-2001
standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back